HVAC Service Technician
- Job Title
- HVAC Service Technician
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
HVAC Service Technician
The basic function of the service technician is to troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain and repair residential and commercial HVAC-R systems. The Service Technician is responsible for performing those operations assigned to him/her by the Service Manager or Dispatcher. Tech is responsible for maintaining the quality of his/her work up to acceptable company standards and for representing the company in a manner that promotes good relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair equipment properly the first time he/she is at a customer’s location
- Be neat and clean at all times and keeping his/her truck and equipment the same
- Attend all training classes and training seminars to keep his/her expertise upgraded in his field
- Adhering to proper procedures in the use of paperwork (work order, return material tags, warranty parts, etc.)
- Take direction regarding scheduling from dispatcher
- Keeping the Dispatcher informed at all times as to “where he/she is”, “where he/she’s been”, and “where he/she is going”
- Fill out service tickets for maintenance and service work while on the job
- Collect payment for services rendered where required
- Follow through on job problems
- Keep abreast of all company sales promotions and pricing
- Turn in all paperwork to office making sure it is filled out completely and accurately in the field
- Responsible for having ALL minimum required stock on truck at all times
- Recommend/sell equipment, service agreements, and accessories when it is requested by the customer or is in the best interest of the customer to do so
- Other tasks as requested by the service manager, operations manager, or CEO
- Support corporate goals, mission and vision.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- EPA Certification
- NATE certified or be working towards NATE certification
- Ability to represent company in a professional manner with customers, vendors, staff and general public
- Work well under pressure
- Must have valid drivers’ license and good driving record
- Must have all required tools
- Ability to handle difficult customer/diagnostic issues
- Adaptability- the individual adapts to changes in work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Good Communicator – works well with different customers and office personnel personality styles
- Must possess and maintain valid, clean state driver's license and the ability to drive all types of vehicles in the corporate fleet.
- Ability to purchase and maintain all hand tools and multimeter amp meter for the efficient service and repair of any residential or light commercial a/c equipment or duct system is required.
- Ability to work in high, open places.
- Retain the ability to regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Possess good vision (either naturally or with correction).
- Maintain tidy appearance and energetic attitude, report to work on time, practice safety always, and make your work area cleaner, neater than when you arrived.
- Ability to be in rotation for after hours on call
- Ability to work until all calls are complete
- Required Skills
2-3 years of verifiable experience as an HVAC Service Technician