- Job Title
- Manager, Sponsorship
- Job ID
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Posted: January 5, 2018
Expires: Until filled or further notice
Location: Houston, Texas (Downtown)
Experience: 5 years
Education: Undergraduate Degree preferred
Who we are
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders who want to be involved in Houston’s positive growth and influence the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston’s unique challenges, and champions the growth and success of our region.
Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve over 1,200 member companies in the 11-county Houston region including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker and Waller counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
Who are we looking for today?
Are you a driven sales professional? The Partnership is looking for an ambitious, results driven, community minded, Member Acquisitions Manager who will oversee a portfolio of new memberships. The Member Engagement Division is responsible for the attraction, retention and engagement of members. To achieve this, the Member Engagement Division works to secure adequate funding for the organization through membership, events and special initiatives.
What you will do:
The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for creating, selling, and executing event and program sponsorship packages to achieve specific annual revenue goals for the Member Engagement Division.
The Primary responsibilities of the Manager, Sponsorship are to:
- Design, plan, and implement a sponsorship strategy to effectively support the annual Events and Programs department revenue goals
- Make direct asks for sponsorship investments by aligning member interests with events and program offerings
- Ensure sponsor retention through delivery of promised benefits, follow up, acknowledgement and appropriate alignment of sponsor with future opportunities
- Cultivate a pipeline of new sponsors to help meet revenue goals and connect members and future members with engagement and branding opportunities
- Create unique sponsor plans for annual Signature event sponsors, Executive Partners, HYPE and other participation levels. Negotiate and draft agreements for signature.
- Coordinate with VP Events and Programs and the Marketing & Communications Division to create sponsorship communication plans and materials, ensure consistency, relevance, and quality of message in light of the Partnership’s broader member communications plans
- Engage volunteer leaders and Partnership staff to make sponsorship asks where appropriate
- Assist in coordination of events and programs to ensure high visibility and participation from sponsors
- Participate in annual and individual budget development with Events and Programs team and provide feasibility metrics
- Maintain sponsor tracking information and generate prospect lists
- Plan and coordinate sponsorship financial and administrative processes with relevant divisions of the Partnership, track receipt of sponsorship dollars and subsequent allocation
- Enter sponsorship registrations in Basecamp project management and Imis database systems
- Maintain accurate records of sponsorship plans and results for regular reporting to volunteers, co-workers and leadership
- Handle correspondence, telephone contact, and inquiries related to sponsorships
- Oversee sponsorship invoicing process and calendar, in conjunction with accounting
- Develop, update and present detailed sponsorship presentations to audiences ranging from one-on-one to large groups of employees from a single or from multiple member companies
- Present broadly the activities and programs of the Partnership
- Additional responsibilities specific to sponsored events and programs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Direct fundraising or sales experience
- Excellent Communicator - using the right communication method both verbally and in writing
- Consultative - bringing the right people into the decision-making process
- Project Complexity - handling complexity and prioritizing competing demands effectively
- Experience with donor management systems or customer relations management system a plus
- Ability to coordinate, engage and fully utilize member expertise
- Intermediate level of proficiency in social media platforms
- Professional appearance
- Preference for working with all levels of internal and external contacts
- Ability to exercise judgment and tact
- Ability to professionally manage diverse groups of people
- Preference for fast-paced, goal and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple assignments
- Preference for external, direct interaction with members
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Basecamp communications and project management system
Bachelor Degree in marketing sales, communications or related fields preferred
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business development, fundraising, marketing, events or related field. Direct sales and portfolio management experience a plus
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary)
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision-making skills.
No special requirements.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.