Lead Commercial HVAC Installer
- Job Title
- Lead Commercial HVAC Installer
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Lead Commercial HVAC Installer
The Installation Mechanic is responsible for the proper installation of HVAC equipment, training of Installation Apprentices and efficiently utilizing resources available. Initiative, tact and integrity are essential to achieving departmental and corporate goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to work with all personnel levels, customers and suppliers, being proactive in building customer relations.
- Be willing to function in a team environment, maintaining efficiency, promoting safety, maintaining company image and improving personal skills.
- Greet customers professionally and courteously. Run crew by providing clear directions and following up. Plan and order necessary materials daily. Complete and turn in time-sheets, daily reports, material orders, invoices with model and serial numbers listed and checklists at the end of every day. Plan ahead.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings, training sessions and off hours training classes as required to maintain up to date information. Be familiar with and adhere to company policies as specified in the employee handbook.
- Effectively communicate, provide direction to, and train installation apprentices. Provide assistance to other departments.
- Obtain and keep in good working condition required personal tools as per list. Take responsibility for the condition of any company owned and supplied tools including but not limited to: step ladders, extension ladders, electrically powered tools of any kind, etc. Maintain company vehicles in a clean, safe and proper running condition.
- Maintain knowledge and provide training to apprentices on the complete installation of HVAC systems and fabrication of ductwork that meet or exceed code requirements. This includes: ability to install roof top package units without supervision, including all sheet metal, gas piping, electrical, and thermostat control systems; ability to layout and fabricate sheet metal transitions and straight duct; ability to perform all high voltage hook-ups on residential and light commercial equipment; and ability to perform all low voltage hook-ups on residential and light commercial equipment, including zone control systems.
- Support corporate goals, mission and vision.
Education and Experience Requirements:
EPA Refrigerant license.
- Must possess and maintain valid, clean state driver's license and the ability to drive all types of vehicles in the corporate fleet.
- Ability to purchase and maintain all hand tools, meters, gauges, thermometer as necessary for properly installing HVAC equipment.
- Ability to work in high, open places.
- Retain the ability to regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Ability to read blueprints. Thorough knowledge of building codes pertaining to the installation of duct systems, gas piping, electrical control circuits, condensate drainage systems. Maintain a commitment to meet or exceed code standards.
- Ability to fabricate metal and fiberglass duct systems.
- Maintain tidy appearance and energetic attitude, report to work on time, practice safety always, and make your work area cleaner, neater than when you arrived.
- Required Skills
2-3 years of experience in HVAC preferred