Director, Membership (SALES)
- Job Title
- Director, Membership (SALES)
- Job ID
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Director, Membership (SALES)
Who we are
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders who want to be involved in Houston’s positive growth and influence the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston’s unique challenges, and champions the growth and success of our region.
Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve over 1,200 member companies in the 11-county Houston region including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker and Waller counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
Who are we looking for today?
The Partnership is looking for an ambitious, results driven, community minded, Director of Membership to lead strategy of acquiring new members and cultivating existing relationships.
What you will do:
The Director, Membership is responsible for building a pipeline of potential members, cultivating relationships for referrals, selling memberships to increase revenue for the organization and maintaining a portfolio of current members. The Director of Membership is a strategic role in the acquisition of new membership for the Partnership to ensure meaningful program delivery and revenue support.
- Developing a customized engagement plan to strategically grow each assigned relationship with the Partnership as measured by overall investment and engagement activities
- Effectively conducting (directly or orchestrating with the Partnership leaders and volunteers) meaningful member engagement activities such as face-to-face meetings with member employees, emails, phone calls, letters, reports, special presentations, executive visits
- Initiating and recording member engagement activities in iMIS and in other contact management systems
- Understanding and articulating the business of their assigned member companies, their industry, their industry niche, key positions and roles in the company, key relationships with the Partnership and other member companies, and knowledge of current business strategies and issues
- Identifying and articulating the value proposition for each member’s investment in the Partnership
- Ability to broadly speak about the Partnership’s programs in audiences ranging from one-on-one to large groups of employees at a single member company to a large group of members representatives from several different member companies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are essential to job performance:
The Member Engagement Division is responsible for the attraction, retention and engagement of members. To achieve this, the Member Engagement Division works to secure adequate funding for the organization through membership and events. The primary responsibilities of the Director, Membership are to:
- Develop and manage prospective and new member acquisitions.
- Develop sales and marketing strategies to attract companies to join the Partnership.
- Develop marketing strategies using web, social media and co-sponsorships.
- Represent the Partnership at corporate and community events.
- Translate strategic priorities into operational reality; align communications, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure results.
- Participate directly in strategic meetings related to member acquisitions.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with a portfolio of members for enhanced engagement and investment.
- Effectively lead the Membership team producing results and assisting the team members in their development as individuals and professionals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Relationship builder whom initiates and develops solid working relationship with potential and new members
- Experienced professional with initiating the sales process by prospecting, scheduling appointments, making presentations, understanding business needs, negotiating the close of sales, follow-ups, and referrals
- Ability to generate new business relationships while nurturing existing relationships as a local outside sales director
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets
- Ability to analyze prospect data, prioritize actions and take next steps in recruitment cycle
- Building a comprehensive map of the prospects’ potential membership opportunities, profiling the decision-making process, and involving key decision makers
- Significant experience in automated sales and marketing strategies/campaigns
- Significant leadership and “hands on “ experience in both sales and marketing, with proven history of sales track record
- Sales pipeline and forecast management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be nimble, and demonstrate flexibility when re-prioritizing
- Possess consultative skills and understands when to incorporate others into the process
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Exceptional communicator in both written and verbal skills
- This role requires inside and outside sales
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in sales both outside and inside sales
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
- Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision making skills.
No special requirements.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.