.NET Application Developer
- Job Title
- .NET Application Developer
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: .NET Applications Developer
REPORTS TO: VP, Technology and Network Solutions
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
The .NET application developer is a member of a small team responsible for developing and supporting custom web applications. The candidate will be designing and developing .NET web applications that interact with enterprise databases, web services, and other applications.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Applicant must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application programming activities including: estimation of effort based on requirements, mockup/wireframe and prototype design, performing unit testing, and the creation of supporting documentation to include commenting code. As the Developer, the candidate is expected to elevate their skillset and assist the application development manager with implementation of best-practice coding standards.
- Deliver high quality, error free applications based on customer requirements.
- Continually improve the functionality, performance and security of existing applications.
- Work with stakeholders during all phases of the development lifecycle to identify problems, fix coding errors, and implement requested changes in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with other developers to develop visually interesting, intuitive user interfaces for new and current applications.
Continually strive at improving technical skill sets, design methodologies, and coding implementation practices.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Secret (or higher) security clearance required (U.S. citizenship required).
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Computer Science or technology related field preferred.
- More than 3 years programming experience using ASP.NET (3.5 or higher) or C#
- More than 3 years of experience developing using the .NET framework.
- Strong knowledge of JS, jQuery, HTML, CSS, ADO.NET, LINQ\LINQ SQL, and Visual Studio 2012/2015.
- Experience using code versioning control solutions such as Team Foundation Server.
- Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, able to work with a programming team to gain and share experience and knowledge.
- Reviews designs and maintains compliance with application and infrastructure architecture and security.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experienced with database development, specifically using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge and Experience with Model/View/Controller (MVC).
- DoD 8570 compliant and have additional "Computing Environment" certification.
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification.
- Experience developing custom code for SharePoint 2013.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: