Certified Professional Coder
- Job Title
- Certified Professional Coder
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
The Certified Professional Coder assists in generating revenue by assigning and monitoring the coding and reimbursement activities for professional and technical services provided within a group of specialty areas.
- Direct assigning of ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes by analyzing patient medical records.
- Ensure documentation by providers conforms to legal and procedural requirements.
- Consults with follow-up team prior to assigning claims to the appeals department for disputed / denied claims.
- Provides feedback/training for physicians and staff in with any coding insufficiencies.
- Assisting with research of denied claims.
- Applies modifiers, checks CCI edits and assists with charge entry.
- Aware of governmental regulations, protocols and third party requirements in reference to coding principles.
- Maintain a working knowledge of EMR, the registration process and charge entry.
- Ability to work effectively with providers and co-workers.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Certification in CPC, CHONC or specialty coding with one to three years experience directly related to coding and reimbursement for physician services.
- Educational requirements: BS in related field of study preferred.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize information and tasks are essential.
- Knowledge of current and developing issues and trend in medical coding procedures and requirements.
- Working knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis codes, HCPCS, and CPT coding assignment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Ability to work in a team environment and enjoy multi-job functions. Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia