Test Automation Engineer
- Job Title
- Test Automation Engineer
- Job ID
- Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Other Location
Test Automation Engineer
Conexess Group is looking for a Test Automation Engineer that will lead the efforts in evangelizing, demonstrating, and teaching CI/CD Testing as it relates to functional and non-functional test types and how to implement in an Agile development environment for one of our large clients in the Chattanooga, TN area. This position will initiate as a 12 month+ contract but will have the option to go Full Time or could remain as long term contractor, as there are years’ worth of work.
Candidate will enable test driven product architecture by working with Test Architects and Enterprise Architects, and will continually look at technology space while brining innovation into test methodologies and strategies relation to functional manual/automation and performance testing.
Please review the Technical profile, Responsibilities, and Competencies below and even if you are not located in the Chattanooga area, our client will allow traveling/flex scheduling as well as opportunity to sit in a local or close office. Our client is looking to hire someone ASAP, so feel free to contact us directly if you are interested in talking further about this position.
Technical Profile and Competencies:
- 3-5 years of experience in testing and automation testing
- 4-6 years of experience in application design and programming
- Requires strong verbal & written communication skills and excel in a global team setting in order to function as a testing evangelist
- Design & development experience in C# or C++, Java
- Experience in test automation and scripting (E.g. Selenium, CodedUI, Vugen, etc.)
- Experience instructing and teaching technical concepts relative to testing
- Familiar with Agile Central and TFS, Visual Studio, MTM, Eclipse
- Solid knowledge of Jenkins, Octopus or TFS deploy, Gherkin, Xamarin
- Test methodologies in the areas of continuous integration, system, exploratory, performance etc. and applying them in an agile environment at different phases of SDLC
- Good understanding of SDLC, OOAD
- Good understanding and experience in working with Enterprise applications
- Working knowledge and experience with TFS and Performance Testing tools
- Must be able to understand and develop testing and automated testing frameworks
- Should have familiarity with Cloud concepts and architecture
- Good working knowledge of Test Data Management principles is a plus
Understand test related challenges from the customer perspective and close the gaps to be able to solve those challenges
- Hands-on and guides the automation team while providing architecture/ design for automation related topics
- Follow up with the development team ensuring software code and UI guidelines are followed to ascertain automation is possible
- Work with the cross-functional global team while prioritizing the automation needs with the highest ROI
- Monitor / track the progress of the prioritized topics while working with the automation team
- Interface between development, business analysis, architecture and test disciplines
- Identify the opportunities for automation in process space as well
- Collaborates with other departments to understand project objectives, gather automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable test and performance automation solutions
- Analyzes statistical results for baselines, trends, and anomalies to facilitate problem solving, application improvements, and reporting. Contributes ideas and recommends action based on that analysis.
- Manages automated testing artifacts to ensure proper reuse, versioning, backups, organization and retention.
- Train and mentor other departmental resources on the proper selection, design and implementation of various Test and Performance Automation Frameworks, Tools and Strategies
- Makes performance and process improvement recommendations as needed
- Communicates test results information to technical and non-technical audiences
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.