Software Test Architect
- Job Title
- Software Test Architect
- Job ID
- Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Other Location
Software Test Architect
Conexess Group is looking for a Software Test/Automation Architect that will lead initiatives in building new test automation frameworks as well as build upon current existing frameworks for one of our large clients in the Chattanooga, TN area. This position will initiate as a 12 month+ contract but will have the option to go Full Time or could remain as long term contractor, as there are years worth of work. If candidates are not local to Chattanooga area, they must be willing to travel to the Chattanooga office and flexible schedule/travel arrangements can be discussed where necessary too.
This candidate will work with the Engineers to design and develop resuable architecture for test automation, as well as this Architecture consisting of resuable functionality, enhancing robustness, reuasability, and maintability of all application test plans.
Our client is looking to hire someone ASAP, so feel free to contact us direcly if you are interested in talking further about this position.
W2 and 1099 candidates only,
NO sponsorship or C2C opportunities availabile
- Lead the efforts in Test Strategy and Implementation in an Agile development environment
- Enable test driven product architecture by working with fellow Test Architects and Enterprise Architects
- Understand test related challenges from the customer perspective and close the gaps to be able to solve those challenges
- Continually look at technology space while bringing innovation into test methodologies and strategies related to functional manual/automation tests and performance tests
- Hands-on and guides the automation team while providing architecture/ design for automation related topics
- Follow up with the development team ensuring software code and UI guidelines are followed to ascertain automation is possible
- Work with the cross-functional global team while prioritizing the automation needs with the highest ROI
- Monitor / track the progress of the prioritized topics while working with the automation team
- Interface between development, business analysis, architecture and test disciplines
- Identify the opportunities for automation in process space as well
- Collaborates with other departments to understand project objectives, gather automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable test and performance automation solutions
- Analyzes statistical results for baselines, trends, and anomalies to facilitate problem solving, application improvements, and reporting. Contributes ideas and recommends action based on that analysis.
- Manages automated testing artifacts to ensure proper reuse, versioning, backups, organization and retention.
- Train and mentor other departmental resources on the proper selection, design and implementation of various Test and Performance Automation Frameworks, Tools and Strategies
- Design & development experience in C# or C++
- Scripting languages (E.g. VBScript, Jscript, C, PERL, etc.)
- Windows Internals
- WPF, .NET technologies, SQL, HTML5, Silverlight, HTML DOM, MSOffice and Object Model, COM, MTM
- Test methodologies in the areas of continuous, integration, system, exploratory, performance etc. and applying them in an agile environment at different phases of SDLC
- Good understanding of SDLC, OOAD
- Experience in Test Automation using programming & script languages
- Strong debugging & troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding and experience in working with Enterprise applications
- Working knowledge and experience with TFS and LoadRunner
- Must be able to understand and develop testing and automated testing frameworks
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related curriculum or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years of experience in application design and programming
- Working knowledge of PC applications such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to travel as needed
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work too.