Test Data Engineer
- Job Title
- Test Data Engineer
- Job ID
- Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Other Location
TEST DATA ENGINEER
Conexess Group is looking for a Test Data Engineer that will lead initiatives in mapping tables and databases in both mainframe (DB2, IMS) and distributed (SQL Server) data tables for one of our large clients in the Chattanooga, TN area. This position will initiate as a 12 month+ contract but will have the option to go Full Time or could remain as long term contractor, as there are years’ worth of work.
This candidate will work cross functional with global teams while prioritizing test data needs with greatest ROI, Monitor/track progress of prioritized TDM needs while working with development/testing teams, as well as interfacing between development, business analysis, architecture, and test disciplines.
Please review the Technical profile, Responsibilities, and Competencies below and even if you are not located in the Chattanooga area, our client will allow traveling/flex scheduling as well as opportunity to sit in a local or close office. Our client is looking to hire someone ASAP, so feel free to contact us directly if you are interested in talking further about this position.
(W2 and 1099 candidates only, NO sponsorship or C2C opportunities available)
Technical Profile and Competencies:
- 4-6 years of experience in SQL server, DB2, IMS, other varieties of databases
- Good working knowledge of Test Data Management principles is a plus
- Experience in architecting test data management, software development or related discipline
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business use cases and identify improvement gains
- Requires strong verbal & written communication skills and excel in a global team setting to function as a test data evangelist
- Strong familiarity with source code version control systems: TFS, Git and SCLM experience highly desired
- Programming knowledge with Visual Studio IDEs and .NET environments, Java and Websphere
- Must demonstrate successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Design & development experience in C# or C++, Java
- Familiar with Agile Central and TFS, Visual Studio, MTM, Eclipse
- Solid knowledge of Jenkins, Octopus or TFS deploy, Gherkin, Xamarin
- Test methodologies in the areas of continuous integration, system, exploratory, performance etc. and applying them in an agile environment at different phases of SDLC
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Good understanding and experience in working with Enterprise applications, particularly insurance-related
- Working knowledge and experience with Unit, Regression, and Performance Testing tools
- Should have familiarity with Cloud concepts and architecture
- Lead efforts to map tables and databases in both mainframe (DB2, IMS) and distributed (SQL server) data tables
- Must have good organizational skills to order and correlate data across many disparate systems
- Must use TDM tools to search for potential PII and PHI data
- Must be able to summate and contextualize data analysis results to software architects and product management staff, to confirm findings
- Able to create data maps and diagrams, and keep them logically organized
- Must be able to determine root cause analysis in regard to data impacting application results
- Analyzes statistical results for baselines, trends, and anomalies to facilitate problem solving, application improvements, and reporting. Contributes ideas and recommends action based on that analysis.
- Design and implement reporting strategies for big data utilization
- Train and mentor other teams to utilize test data synthesis, regeneration, and masking
- Makes test data performance and process improvement recommendations as needed
- Communicates test data results information to technical and non-technical audiences
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work too.