Xenia Systems is currently hiring for a variety of opportunities. Please see our open positions below and apply for those opportunities that are interest. If you do not see a position matching your skill sets, please feel free to send your resume to Jobs@XeniaSystems.com
Deputy Project Manager - Clinical
- Job Title
- Deputy Project Manager - Clinical
- Job ID
- Bethesda, MD 20892
- Other Location
The Deputy Clinical Project Manager is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and assuming the Project Manager duties as necessary in the event of the Project Manager's absence. This position facilitates communication among, but not limited to, Xenia team members, clinical trial reviewers, client stakeholders, and client staff.
The Deputy Project Manager proactively assists the Clinical Project Manager with resolving project related issues and providing oversight towards the successful implementation and monitoring of clinical studies to ensure that data collection from DCP Databases and related applications are accurate, clean, and complete.
Under the supervision of the Division of Cancer Prevention (DCP) and the Clinical Project Manager the responsibilities relative to the management of Clinical Trial data will include, but will not be limited to:
- Manage and coordinate the activities and data of clinical trials with the Xenia Team.
- Serve as the main point of contact and communicate with sponsors regarding project timelines, updates, needs and emerging issues.
- Develop study timelines based on protocols and standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Modify existing or create new SOPs for (but not limited to) document processing, data abstraction, and file maintenance.
- Serve as subject matter expert in reducing administrative burden of trial development on National Cancer Institute (NCI) staff by providing recommendations and comments to the DCP COR and DCP informatics support contractors.
- Ensure project start-up activities by facilitating processes for preparation of regulatory documents, ensuring timely Contracting Officers Representative (COR) approvals for clinical trials activities.
- Monitor and ensure that project scope, milestones, and deliverables are fulfilled within timelines.
- Support and coordinate with the client personnel to ensure completion of the Clinical Trial reports, as applicable.
- Monitor hours of contract and budget.
- Review and approve purchases within the scope of the contract and overall personnel management.
- Regularly interact with management, Xenia team members on matters concerning project milestones, regulatory issues, and other relevant issues.
- Develop educational programs related to client function.
- Maintaining systems and files for tracking administrative information and documents related to clinical trials.
- Provide support to coordinating client meeting, activities, and functions.
- Participate in testing of all client related software and track all change requests.
- Provide routine AD HOC reports from client software.
- Provide contingency plan to continue administrative DCP support.
- Provide support abstraction of clinical data from both (hardcopy and softcopy) into client database.
- Knowledge and experience with the Oncology Community.
- Experience with document knowledge in clinical trial development processes (both scientific and administrative).
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must have previous experience managing projects in monitoring clinical trials.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and conflict resolution skills required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of managements.
- Detail-oriented and possess good trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with (but not limited to) Clinical Trial databases.
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters a plus) in life sciences, informatics, statistics, biostatistics, project management, data management or related field.
- Minimum 3 years Clinical Trial Data/Research experience.
- Minimum 2 years Project Management experience.