|Dynology Corporation Career Portal|
Senior Systems Engineer III (Storage)
- Job Title
- Senior Systems Engineer III (Storage)
- Job ID
- Pocatello, ID
- Other Location
- Minimum Ten (10) years of experience required with enterprise storage systems
- Minimum certification of SNIA Certified Storage Engineer (SCSE)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- ACTIVE Top Secret Clearance
- Responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base storage system, but for all features, components and application dependencies.
- Technologies to include Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the Storage Infrastructure.
- Serves as the expert matter expert (SME) for all Storage environments.
- Create and maintain storage infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the storage infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct critical storage issues and create recovery processes for hardware for failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response times.
- Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data sets.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 4th level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- Provide real-time reporting of storage provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends.
MEANINGFUL WORK WHERE YOU’D WANT TO LIVE
Cutting Edge IT Amidst America’s Great Outdoors
Dynology seeks IT professionals who are passionate about being the best at what they do. We serve our federal customers with cyber security and information technology solutions that protect their most critical systems and support homeland, defense, intelligence, and law enforcement missions.
In Pocatello, our customer is consolidating data centers from around the country into a new 100,000 sq ft facility housing support systems for field services across the country that address counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and law enforcement initiatives critical to America’s security.
When you join our team, you’ll join the best experts in the business who share a common passion to protect and improve the lives of American citizens. In Pocatello, you will find a quality of life that offers the best of opportunities, with amazing landscapes, outdoor activities, and rich educational and business prospects.
Why not combine your love of the outdoors with your ability to deliver world class information technology services? With Dynology, you will find a company dedicated to helping you advance your career, supportive of your quality of life, and committed to our nation’s security. In Pocatello, you will find a high quality of life, an affordable cost of living, and beautiful outdoor scenery at every turn.