- Requires extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Registry, and ability to query or modify settings.
- Extensive experience using Flexera Admin Studio, SCCM, and Install Shield required. Knowledge of Power Shell and/or VB scripting essential.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ten (10) years of packaging experience required.
- ACTIVE Top Secret Clearance
- Responsible for services to create and maintain both the thick install and virtual install application packages for COTS products used on enterprise environments.
- Currently utilized application packaging technologies include but are not limited to Microsoft App-V Sequencer, Flexera Admin Studio, and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- The Application Packager (Packager) will be part of a packaging team to support application packaging for a Windows 7 and Windows 10 deployment as well as other commercial of the shelf products such as Firefox, Adobe products and other add-ons.
- Produce functional high level best practice standards and complicated Microsoft Windows Installer Packages at an enterprise production level.
- Apply specific desired settings using a variety of industry accepted tools with frequent low level custom scripting.
- Complete packages in a timely manner and is responsible for COTS and in house type applications using Admin Studio following an established process and workflow. Packaging will consist of building silent installation packages in a MSI/MST format and performing initial installation testing on Windows 7 /10 or other Window Server before handing off to the client for user acceptance testing and eventual deployment through SCCM Application Virtualization with Microsoft App-V, or Microsoft ACT package shimming.
- Perform enterprise application discovery with experienced developers and inexperienced requestors to obtain requirements, settings and preferences.
- Deliver estimated package completion dates with regular activity, status and progress reporting for electronic delivery.
- Prepare, build, update and maintain a repeatable clean initial virtual machine base work environment from which to launch and initiate packaging builds.
- Automate the work environment to include the configuration of tools with necessary merge modules and additional specific company global settings.
- Create a high volume of conflict free, validated, advertised, rollback enabled, just in time, and error free restorable packages certified for delivery through the system configuration management server.
- Have extensive scripting experience using CScript, WSscript, VBScript, and/or PowerShell.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) (SCCM 2012 or higher preferred).
- Have extensive skills with Windows Platforms and MDOP and MDT.
- Create deployment packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment.
- Package applications and software updates utilizing tools such as Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield or tools such as App-V Sequencer.
- Develop, maintain, and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome in a Windows environment.
- Develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment.
- Document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process
- Participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management.
- Serve in a lead role in meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
MEANINGFUL WORK WHERE YOU’D WANT TO LIVE
Cutting Edge IT Amidst America’s Great Outdoors
Dynology seeks IT professionals who are passionate about being the best at what they do. We serve our federal customers with cyber security and information technology solutions that protect their most critical systems and support homeland, defense, intelligence, and law enforcement missions.
In Pocatello, our customer is consolidating data centers from around the country into a new 100,000 sq ft facility housing support systems for field services across the country that address counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and law enforcement initiatives critical to America’s security.
When you join our team, you’ll join the best experts in the business who share a common passion to protect and improve the lives of American citizens. In Pocatello, you will find a quality of life that offers the best of opportunities, with amazing landscapes, outdoor activities, and rich educational and business prospects.
Why not combine your love of the outdoors with your ability to deliver world class information technology services? With Dynology, you will find a company dedicated to helping you advance your career, supportive of your quality of life, and committed to our nation’s security. In Pocatello, you will find a high quality of life, an affordable cost of living, and beautiful outdoor scenery at every turn.