Manager, Membership (Sales)
- Job Title
- Manager, Membership (Sales)
- Job ID
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Posted: December 28, 2017
Expires: Until filled or further notice
Location: Houston, Texas (Downtown)
Experience: 5 years
Education: Undergraduate Degree preferred
Who we are
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders who want to be involved in Houston’s positive growth and influence the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston’s unique challenges, and champions the growth and success of our region.
Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve over 1,200 member companies in the 11-county Houston region including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker and Waller counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
Who are we looking for today?
Are you a driven sales professional? The Partnership is looking for an ambitious, results driven, community minded, Member Acquisitions Manager who will oversee a portfolio of new memberships. The Member Engagement Division is responsible for the attraction, retention and engagement of members. To achieve this, the Member Engagement Division works to secure adequate funding for the organization through membership, events and special initiatives.
What you will do:
The Manager, Membership is responsible for identifying, cultivating and recruiting new memberships for the Partnership and maintaining a portfolio of current members. The Manager will develop and implement programs designed to attract businesses to join the Greater Houston Partnership to ensure program and revenue support.
The Primary responsibilities of the Manager, Membership are to:
- Field incoming phone calls, walk-ins and web requests for membership information.
- Identify and recruit new Partnership members, with special emphasis on Associate, Limited Partner and Advisory level prospects.
- Help facilitate monthly Member 101 presentations.
- Maintain accurate records of interaction with prospects throughout sales cycle.
- Represent the Partnership at corporate and community events, as needed.
- Obtain and maintain knowledge of assigned target industries, industry trends and influencers, as well as general knowledge about the business community of the 11-county region served by the Partnership.
- Assist with the development and execution of marketing plans and materials, target company lists and marketing ally lists to mine for new members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Relationship builder whom initiates and develops solid working relationship with potential and new members
- Experienced professional with initiating the sales process by prospecting, scheduling appointments, making presentations, understanding business needs, negotiating the close of sales, follow-ups, and referrals
- Ability to generate new business relationships while nurturing existing relationships as a local outside sales manager
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets
- Ability to analyze prospect data, prioritize actions and take next steps in recruitment cycle
- Possess consultative skills and understands when to incorporate others into the process
- Preference for working with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact.
- Ability to professionally manage diverse groups of people.
- Preference for fast paced, goal and team oriented environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple assignments.
- Preference for detail work.
- Bilingual helpful.
Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or related field
Minimum of three to five years of experience in sales both outside and inside sales
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision-making skills.
No special requirements.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.