- Job Title
- Proposal Manager
- Job ID
- Vienna, VA 22182
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Proposal Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice-President of Proposals
LOCATION: MicroTech Headquarters – Tysons Corner, VA
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for managing the preparation of proposals from pre-RFP activities through proposal submission.. Works closely with capture managers to identify and articulate overall proposal strategy and thematic approach. Assembles proposal team; manages proposal preparation; and submission activities. Works closely with joint venture partners and subcontractors to develop proposal content. May be responsible for writing and editing sections.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in partnership with capture manager to define proposal strategy and approach prior to RFP release; may include travel to interview subject matter experts.
- Develops proposal themes, discriminators, and ghosts in collaboration with capture manager and teammates or subcontractors, as applicable.
- Prior to RFP release, identifies and schedules proposal team consisting of in-house volume managers, writers, reviewers, and pricing personnel.
- After RFP release, establishes final proposal outline, assignments, and schedule, and conducts kick-off meeting.
- Works to establish proposal style, format, schedules, and workflow.
- Manages continuing proposal efforts and rewrites sections as required.
- Audits proposal compliance.
- Follows established ISO, CMMI, and other quality processes and promotes continuous process improvement.
- Schedules and oversees “color” teams.
- Oversees final editing, production, and delivery.
- Responds to deficiency reports, clarification requests, and requests for final proposal revisions.
- Attends, coordinates, and/or manages marketing and proposal training programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to manage the proposal process.
- Ability to edit content from multiple individuals, incorporating data and graphics, to produce a professionally prepared and compliant proposal.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to include composing, editing, and grammar.
- Must be able to produce schedules, templates, and other proposal documentation using MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to determine required content, oversee its collection, and make improvement recommendations.
- Must be able to perform in a team environment with strict deadlines.
- Availability and willingness to work overtime on short notice is required.
- Ability to comply with and apply Departmental ISO, CMMI, and other quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree is required. English, Communications, or business discipline preferred.
- 3+ years of proposal/contracting experience, including proposal development and management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: