- Requires a minimum of Red Hat Certifed Engineer (RHCE) and a Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years experience, OR
- A minimum of Red Hat Certifed Administrator (RHCA) and a bachelor’s degree preferred and eight (8) years experience
- Systems Engineer skill set with focus on Unix/Linux based systems such as Red Hat Linux, Solaris, SuSE, and CentOS.
- ACTIVE Top Secret Clearance
- Responsible for design, deployment, testing, certifcation, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but for all support libraries, components and application dependencies.
- Serve as the advanced knowledge expert for all Linux environments.
- Create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Linux and network configuration, using tools that include Satellite Server, Puppet and BigFix.
- Provision/configure the required software onto servers, such as web servers and databases.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Linux infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct critical server issues and process for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Possess excellent knowledge base in DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SMTP, and integration with Windows to solve technical and functional issues.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 4th level support.
- Build new baselines with the appropriate security and access controls to include DISA STIGS and required security controls. Updated baselines will be required quarterly and new versions within 90 days of the manufacturer’s release to production and full DISA STIGS.
- Engineer multi factor authentication between Linux environments and the enterprise Windows infrastructure components.
- Engineer solutions for baselines to operate in full standalone mode, domain mode, and fully integrated mode for all classification levels and enclaves.
- Work with the developers to transition applications from one platform to another to include from physical to virtual and virtual to cloud.
- Work with security components to resolve any security findings or vulnerabilities and apply fixes or updates as well as solutions to achieve closure.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such single sign-on and Active Directory. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
MEANINGFUL WORK WHERE YOU’D WANT TO LIVE
Cutting Edge IT Amidst America’s Great Outdoors
Dynology seeks IT professionals who are passionate about being the best at what they do. We serve our federal customers with cyber security and information technology solutions that protect their most critical systems and support homeland, defense, intelligence, and law enforcement missions.
In Pocatello, our customer is consolidating data centers from around the country into a new 100,000 sq ft facility housing support systems for field services across the country that address counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and law enforcement initiatives critical to America’s security.
When you join our team, you’ll join the best experts in the business who share a common passion to protect and improve the lives of American citizens. In Pocatello, you will find a quality of life that offers the best of opportunities, with amazing landscapes, outdoor activities, and rich educational and business prospects.
Why not combine your love of the outdoors with your ability to deliver world class information technology services? With Dynology, you will find a company dedicated to helping you advance your career, supportive of your quality of life, and committed to our nation’s security. In Pocatello, you will find a high quality of life, an affordable cost of living, and beautiful outdoor scenery at every turn.