Lead MES Engineer
- Job Title
- Lead MES Engineer
- Job ID
- Philadelphia, PA
- Other Location
Do you enjoy designing and working with MES Systems and taking the Lead on project execution? Do you enjoy implementing new technology as it becomes available? If so, then consider this full time opportunity for a Lead MES Engineer based in the Philadelphia, PA area.
As the technical lead and individual contributor, you will contribute to software architecture design, development of software applications and integration into enterprise systems in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical and FDA Regulated Industries, as well as others.
- Define functional requirements through client interviews, documentation analysis and Work Flow Process Mapping
- Architect and lead the implementation of MES and System Integration Projects. Define MES solution architectures and develops DDS
- Contribute and at times lead implementation of MES solutions
- Responsible for technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of MES Projects
- Proactively engage customers in the process of defining the technical approach for MES solutions and be a liaison between the internal project team/management and customer teams/management.
- Provide project execution leadership and mentor fellow project members
- Stay current with technological advances
- Assist existing customers in problem resolution and help define future sales opportunities.
- Understand the project scope and financials, and participate in the framing and quoting of projects to ensure successful execution
- System startups at customers’ plants
- Bachelors of Science Degree – Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 10 years automation experience, 5 years’ experience with MES Systems - designing and executing MES systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following systems a plus – Werum, Syncade, Invensys, POMSnet, Camstar, Elan designing or implementing MES applications.
- Experience working within a regulated industry - F&B, Pharma or similar
- Strong communications skills with all levels of the organization (internal/external)
- Programming experience in software development – experience with .NET technologies preferred.
- Strong exposure to MES technologies, including automated data collection, historian applications (OSI PI a plus), visualization, quality and efficiency in manufacturing, SCADA, automated decision control, workflow, database applications, scheduling and interface to ERP Systems.
- Ability to travel for routine, short-duration (1 – 2 weeks) project meetings, training and other business events.
- Ability to travel for temporary assignments (domestic and international) away from home office (e.g. customer project sites). Typical assignments range from 2 – 6 months at a time. (In some cases, periodic return trips home are available during travel assignments)
Interested candidates not living in the Philadelphia area and not desiring to relocate, may also be possibly considered depending upon their location and experience.
For consideration, please submit your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org at National Engineering Resources or fax to 763.561.7675. Only candidates based and legally authorized to work in the United States will be given consideration. Candidates requiring sponsorship are not eligible for consideration.