- Assesses situations involving students' and staffs’ health related issues, safety, and abuse (e.g. physical, sexual, drug) for the purpose of identifying problems, referring for proper treatment and complying with legal requirements.
- Collaborates with parents, students, staff, health care providers, and/or other agencies for the purpose of promoting needed treatment, securing information and complying with legal requirements.
- Conducts health screenings (e.g. hearing, vision, immunization compliance, height/weight relationships, etc.) for the purpose of promoting needed treatment and complying with legal requirements.
- Implements school health care plans for the purpose of providing appropriate care as directed by health care professional.
- Maintains health office (e.g. inventory, supplies, filing, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items.
- Monitors health care plans for the purpose of addressing students' health needs and implementing health care directions from parents and/or physicians.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops and seminars, including IEP, for the purpose of sharing information and/or improving skills/knowledge.
- Participates in various emergency drills (e.g. lock downs, safety meetings, evacuation plans, crisis team, etc.) for the purpose of providing expertise in health related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned for the purpose of teamwork.