Xenia Systems is currently hiring for a variety of opportunities. Please see our open positions below and apply for those opportunities that are interest. If you do not see a position matching your skill sets, please feel free to send your resume to Jobs@XeniaSystems.com
- Job Title
- Accounting Manager
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22102
- Other Location
Xenia Systems, a growing federal contractor, is seeking an accounting manager for a long-term contractor role working in the Tysons Corner area.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the accurate and timely financial accounting and reporting for our client’s North American operating entities. This position oversees the asset accounting team and is responsible for ensuring work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, external compliance obligations, financial reporting, audit, cash transfers, development project support and the support of budget and forecast activities.
This role frequently interface and collaborate with other members of the Finance team, operating managers, Group Finance, the Finance Director and the North American CFO.
It is critical that the incumbent not only be able to perform as a manager but also be able to be able to perform at hands-on level.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly close of the operating entities and liaise with the corporate accounting team to ensure successful monthly close of all North American business accounts.
- Ensure all North American accounts are reconciled and any identified issues are investigated and resolved
- Liaise with Corporate Group Finance (Australia) in regards to responsibilities and issues
- Review intercompany invoicing for accuracy and completeness
- Produce variance and bridge reporting and forward final versions to Group Finance team.
- Produce monthly balance sheet, income statements and analysis.
- Provide North American asset financial data to FP&A team and liaise with various team members throughout the business as needed to support internal and external reporting requirements.
- Ensure accurate and punctual completion of the operating entity quarterly and annual financial statements for external distribution.
- Point person for interim reviews and annual audits.
- In conjunction with the Finance Director, manage the audit engagement to ensure appropriate planning, and efficient and punctual execution.
- Manage PBC requirements and ensure timely and accurate responses.
- Coordinate with Group Finance on Group Finance audit procedures.
- Ensure operational accounting and external reporting is compliant with GAAP and IFRS accounting standards as applicable.
- Adhere to, write, review and update internal accounting policies.
- Liaise with the Finance Director and auditors, and research, review and recommend appropriate accounting treatments.
- Provide regular leadership, mentoring and coaching to all team members.
- Promote and implement effective people management practices.
- Actively build a high performing team.
- Conduct effective annual performance reviews and align performance plans to business goals and company values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with Accounting major.
- CPA candidate.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a large organization exposed to all facets of accounting.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Superior variance analysis skills.
- Experience with JD Edwards (JDE) and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) highly regarded.
- Familiarity with debt and financing concepts.
- Experience accessing or referencing legal documents.
- Preparation of balance sheet and account reconciliations.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams as well as autonomously.
- High degree of initiative.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed.