Technical Project Manager
- Job Title
- Technical Project Manager
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37204
- Other Location
Technical Project Manager
Conexess Group is excited to be helping a local IT Solutions client in their search for a Technical Project Manager. This resource is needed immediately and will start on site in 2018. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day management of internal & external customer-related projects, support of customer infrastructure, and support of m2o/ISST production issues. They will also act as a customer liaison, manage resources, and will be responsible for planning and meeting project objectives. Ideally this person will have experience and extensive involvement in Project Management in the areas of integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk, and procurement.
- Implementation. Manages project life cycle, including: discovery, analysis, estimation, development, quality control, delivery, and maintenance phases.
- Scope. Manages project scope according to project requirements and customer constraints.
- Time. Develops and maintains project plans, including: analysis, planning, tracking, reporting, and evaluating project milestones and deliverables.
- Cost. Responsible for creating project estimates, tracking project expenses, managing costs, and meeting budgeted hours.
- Quality. Manages project outcomes, and relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Ensures that all project goals are achieved according to specifications and business objectives.
- Human Resources. Leads and directs the work of others. Manages resource constraints, performs weekly allocation of project resources, and directs resource activities.
- Communication. Responsible for day-to-day customer and project team communication. Coordinates customer interaction, project meetings, project updates, ongoing support meetings, etc. Responsible for keeping historical accounts of progress and communications. Travel required to customer sites, as requested.
- Risk. Keeps project team and management informed of project risks and takes efforts to manage and minimize project risks.
- Procurement. Works with Project Management team to procure project resources.
- Technical Trouble shooting. Ability to resolve issues within complex system architecture.
- Process Documentation. Creates and maintains system and process documentation.
- Subject Matter Expert. Understands customer infrastructure, existing documentation, and researches open items to fill gaps. Creates new documentation as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Business, and/or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in project management or customer-related position; preferably in the arena of software development or IT
- MBA preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Unix/Linux experience, familiar with reading XML
- Must have excellent analytical and customer service skills
- Must be able to handle ambiguity well
- Experience in large corporate setting is preferred
- Experience with software packages, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite – including, Word, Excel, Access, Project, Powerpoint