Sr. Software Developer
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Developer
- Job ID
- Novi, MI
- Other Location
Programs and maintains custom or internal software applications supporting specialized requirements of various corporate, engineering and operational groups..
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, estimates, analyzes, designs, develops and enhances systems; integrates and customizes packaged systems and performs periodic maintenance for existing and future in-house Corporate, Engineering and Transmission Operations support software
- Evolves and adheres to software project lifecycles utilizing approved development and project management methodologies.
- Gathers and documents customer requirements and incorporates recommendations to improve, streamline and automate specific functional application areas.
- Develops, documents and peer reviews technical designs for business logic, reports, user interfaces, database physical/logical models and coded work packages based on requirements.
- Prepares quality assurance test plans; test cases matched to requirements and execute test runs for all phases of testing from unit through user acceptance of patches, upgrades and installation of new features.
- Proactively monitors system stability and performance to address issues.
- Participates in the team rotation of 24/7 support to troubleshoot and resolve critical software application issues by working with customers, contractors and system vendors, as required.
- Manages user expectations by providing status updates, input and alternatives for business processes, security considerations and infrastructure impacts of requirements.
- Assists in the improvement of departmental standards, naming conventions, protocols, procedures, guidelines and test plans for software applications.
- Provides mentoring, guidance, training and work assignments to team members when lead developer on a project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Information Systems with a minimum of five (5) years of professional software development experience, including experience in targeted environment, languages and databases, as identified in job posting supplement, or relevant, equivalent experience and/or education.
- Minimum of 2 years database design experience; Minimum of 2 years user interface design experience; Minimum of 2 years report design and development experience.
- Must possess sound analytical problem-solving abilities and documentation skills.
- Functional knowledge of software development methodologies, as identified in job posting supplement, that includes skills with application life cycle processes, requirements analysis, fit/gap analysis and application configurations.
- Functional knowledge of computer operating systems used in targeted environment, as identified in job posting supplement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.