Environmental Heath and Safety Manager
- Job Title
- Environmental Heath and Safety Manager
- Job ID
- Owatonna, MN 55060
- Other Location
Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety
Our client is an industry leader and in this role you’ll manage environmental health and safety of a $200 million; 400+ person plant. This is a key role in a plant that works primarily with sheet metal and we’re seeking someone to focus on safety within the plant. Plans, guides, and implements organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties This is a direct hire position located in South/Central MN.
- Assist site management with the development and monitoring of site specific written environmental, health and safety policies and/or practices to augment legal requirements and corporate policies and practices.
- Assists supervision in the coordination and performance of all incident investigations to insure prompt corrective action is taken to minimize company exposure to future incidents and provide a legal record when needed. Personally investigates incidents.
- Assist management in the development of an industrial hygiene program to monitor and control personal and general work area exposures at the site. Examples include; noise, heat stress, ergonomics, chemical exposure and radiation.
- Continually monitor, review and evaluate site’s exposure to risk of injury and loss. Inform and assist site management in taking action as necessary towards prevention and control.
- Assist requester in the review of new equipment and specification to determine if all safety and health hazards have been identified and proper precautions put in place prior to operation. This includes formal review following installation to ensure incorporation of any required additions.
- Assist Supervision in the evaluation of necessity and the appropriate selection of personal protective equipment and implement a proper training program for its use.
- Ensure the development of effective EH&S training Programs. Assist supervisors in the delivery of training to employees of all required environmental, health and safety programs.
- Assist in the setup and coordination of site safety committees and act as a reference for these committees.
- Qualify, select and manage outside EH&S consultants/ resources, according to a strict scope of work to perform work necessary to supplement internal resources.
- Develop and implement a program/system to track required metrics for reporting and monitor performance for continuous improvement.
- Work with corporate in the implementation and tracking of EHS items including corporate metrics, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as the primary contact between local government agencies for EH&S concerns. This includes, but not limited to permitting, tracking, inspections, and reporting..
- Address IDLH (immediate danger to life and health) by protecting employees by implementing immediate fixes including, but not limited to, removing equipment from service, stopping production and work stoppage.
- 4 Year Degree in Engineering, Environmental, Safety, or Industrial Hygiene discipline with a minimum of five years of related experience. (Applicable experience of 5 years of experience with an ASP or CSP may be used in lieu of educational requirements).
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
- Must have extensive knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act), state OSHA, DOL (Department of Labor), DOH (Department of Health), EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and local regulations.
- Working knowledge, experience, and competence in managing and maintaining EHS Management Systems i.e. ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and other third party certificates
- Knowledge of local, state and federal environmental, health and safety laws and regulations by attending seminars classes and training annually.
For immediate consideration apply online or email Lisa.Lindemann@nerinc.com