Project Director, Global Manufacturing Supply Chain
- Job Title
- Project Director, Global Manufacturing Supply Chain
- Job ID
- Parsippany, NJ 07054
- Other Location
Project Director, Global Manufacturing Supply Chain
Parsippany, New Jersey
How many opportunities exist for you to work on something truly ground breaking?
Imagine developing the complete manufacturing supply for a new drug that will have global impact for millions of patients.
Your strategy and initiatives will impact the future for your company and positively impact health outcomes for millions of patients.
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm has been retained under contract to assist a fast growth biotechnology company in completing a critical search for a Director, able to manage the design through implementation of a global manufacturing supply chain for a major new drug.
Coronary artery disease is the #1 cause of death globally and has become the leading burden on healthcare.
How can coronary artery disease be tackled?
First with prevention. But these efforts take generations to implement; at enormous costs; without complete effect.
Second with intervention. When prevention programs are absent or fail, the risk of death is high. It jumps dramatically the moment that an atherosclerotic plaque in a coronary or cerebral artery ruptures. Thrombosis that follows may block the artery, cut of oxygen supply and kill in a matter of minutes. We want to stop and reverse this deadly progression of cardiovascular disease.
As the CEO of our client stated that their new product has “game-changing potential to address the unmet needs of millions of at risk…patients worldwide who continue to struggle with high cholesterol”.
- What if YOU were part of the leadership team that brought that scale of change to the market?
- What if YOU were part of the team that developed a therapeutic solution built upon the convergence of Nobel Prize winning science and a proven track-record for innovative drug development and in doing so, changed an industry?
- How satisfying would it be to know YOU changed the health outcomes for the better for millions of people around the world and in the process reduced the rising cost of care?
Millions of people take statins every day to help manage their LDL-C cholesterol levels and have done so for years. Recent research has identified PCSK9 as a new target, opening the door for new treatments that could significantly improve patient outcomes, however the initial products are too expensive for the outcomes they deliver.
Our client is bringing to market a new product that will change the paradigm. Phase II trials indicate significant lowering of LDL-C via a treatment that may only need to be taken twice a year and delivered at a price point far more affordable than competitors. Utilizing Nobel Prize winning methods for RNA interference that targets PCSK9 and silences it, this new drug enables the body to more effectively lower “bad” cholesterol and possibly your risk of dying from heart disease.
As the Project Director, Global Manufacturing Supply Chain you will;
- Be a senior founding member of the next chapter in cardiovascular medicine.
- Join a firm that has an established track record as a world leader in bringing innovative new drugs to market.
- Experience the exhilaration of a start-up of 50-60 talented people, while leveraging the reputation of a publicly traded and respected company with plenty of financial muscle.
- Manage the critical development channel tasked with designing an innovative supply chain from manufacture to patient that can scale rapidly, retain full compliance and meet budgetary and deliver objectives for the new product and the client.
- Work effectively with all stake holders, including third-party manufacturers and suppliers to produce a supply chain that will be the envy of far larger firms.
Working with senior leaders, are you ready to;
- Work with patients and designers to develop product delivery and packaging that is preferable to current modalities?
- Design and implement a scalable, quality, compliant and efficient 3PL manufacturing plan, including negotiation of contracts and SLA’s?
- Design a global supply chain for the drug product that leverages the latest innovation and thinking around delivery mechanisms for finished product on a global level?
- Manage numerous vendor and contractor partnerships?
- Ensure all regulatory and financial controls are in place to monitor execution of the manufacture and delivery of product with efficiency and efficacy?
- Maintain a vision across every aspect of the strategic plan, constantly moving between vision, strategy and execution, to anticipate and course correct as needed?
- Interact with internal and external stake-holders, including C-Suite, KOL’s and Project Directors for all other development channels to maintain effective communication and coordination?
- Be able to listen to other perspectives and synthesize valuable input to improve the project while also standing your ground on critical program aspects if challenged?
- Oversee an agile organization and lead through influence, knowledge and dedication as opposed to direct authority?
- Ensure seamless integration and coordination with all other program streams such as manufacturing/supply chain, post-trial outcomes studies, alignment with customers and post approval strategy?
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and fluidity of circumstances that are inevitable in a fast moving development phase and recognize the need to remain in control while retaining flexibility?
- Proven track record envisioning, creating, delivering and managing the full lifecycle of a supply chain for a complex product with global markets from 3PL manufacture to the customer.
- Demonstrated experience managing a Supply Chain operation for products in a highly regulated environment, requiring oversight and compliance with agencies such as FDA.
- The ability to work in a small close knit team where you must “do as well as lead”.
- Prior experience developing supply chain strategy for a product delivered on a global scale, preferably for a Pharma/Biotech entity, CPG company or large scale delivery channel such as Amazon.
- Experience working within a start-up, or small to mid-size pharmaceutical or biotechnology firm focused on product development would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated record of innovation and interaction with executive leadership and stake-holders to create, present, gain approval for and execute a complex strategy aimed at bringing a product to market.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on Supply Chain, Logistics or Engineering required.
- MBA or Masters highly desirable.
- Certifications in Supply Chain Optimization (Lean Six Sigma etc.) is preferred.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #globalsupplychaindirector #pharmasupplychain @pharmajobs @supplychainjobs #3rdpartymanufacturing