Project Director, Strategy and Commercialization
- Job Title
- Project Director, Strategy and Commercialization
- Job ID
- Parsippany, NJ 07054
- Other Location
Project Director, Strategy and Commercialization
Parsippany, New Jersey
How many opportunities exist for you to work on something truly ground breaking?
Imagine developing the next-stage business strategy for a fast growth biotechnology company that will have a truly global impact on cardiovascular disease.
Your ability to envision, make choices, align stakeholders and implement change will impact the future for your company and positively impact health outcomes for millions.
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm has been retained under contract to assist a growth oriented Biotechnology company in completing a critical search for a Director, able to develop and execute an effective and innovative commercialization strategy to be implemented upon regulatory approval for a major new drug.
Coronary artery disease is the #1 cause of death globally and has become the leading burden on healthcare.
How can coronary artery disease be tackled?
First with prevention. But these efforts take generations to implement; at enormous costs; without complete effect.
Second with intervention. When prevention programs are absent or fail, the risk of death is high. It jumps dramatically the moment that an atherosclerotic plaque in a coronary or cerebral artery ruptures. Thrombosis that follows may block the artery, cut of oxygen supply and kill in a matter of minutes. We want to stop and reverse this deadly progression of cardiovascular disease.
As our client's CEO Dr. Clive Meanwell stated the new drug under development has “game-changing potential to address the unmet needs of millions of at risk…patients worldwide who continue to struggle with high cholesterol”.
What if YOU were part of the leadership team that brought that scale of change to the market?
What if YOU were part of the team that developed a therapeutic solution built upon the convergence of Nobel Prize winning science and a proven track-record for innovative drug development and in doing so, changed an industry?
How satisfying would it be to know YOU changed the health outcomes for the better for millions of people around the world and in the process reduced the rising cost of care?
Millions of people take statins every day to help manage their LDL-C cholesterol levels and have done so for years. Recent research has identified PCSK9 as a new target, opening the door for new treatments that could significantly improve patient outcomes, however the initial products are too expensive for the outcomes they deliver.
Our client is bringing to market a new product that will change the paradigm. Phase II trials indicate significant lowering of LDL-C via a treatment that may only need to be taken twice a year and delivered at a price point far more affordable than competitors. Utilizing Nobel Prize winning methods for RNA interference that targets PCSK9 and silences it, the new treatment enables the body to more effectively lower “bad” cholesterol and possibly your risk of dying from heart disease.
As the Project Director, Strategy and commercialization;
- Be a senior founding member of the next chapter in cardiovascular medicine.
- Join a firm that has an established track record as a world leader in bringing innovative new drugs to market.
- Experience the exhilaration of a start-up of 50-60 talented people, while leveraging the reputation of a publicly traded and respected company with plenty of financial muscle.
- Manage the critical development channel tasked with delivering to senior leadership the post approval strategy options for this revolutionary product and the company.
- Work effectively across all other strategic swim-lanes and partner to develop an actionable strategy for a future post-approval.
Are you ready for that opportunity?
Working with senior leadership, are you ready to;
- Envision the next chapter in cardiovascular disease, make competitive, financial, human, and communication choices that clearly position the company and the product ;
- Develop strategies and models that test different commercialization possibilities;
- Develop cohesive plans and actions that implement change in the marketplace;
- Build financial models with high quality assumptions and data integrity;
- Manage the complete lifecycle of a blockbuster drug;
- Work with the Board of Directors and investors and tell a consistent value story;
- Maintain a vision across every aspect of the strategy, constantly moving between vision, strategy and execution, to anticipate and course correct as needed;
- Take a qualitative approach to strategy execution, while simultaneously ensuring the approach delivers the right results for the go to market initiatives while remaining on time and on budget;
- Interact with internal and external stake-holders, including C-Suite, KOL’s and Project Directors for all other development channels to maintain effective communication and coordination;
- Be able to listen to other perspectives and synthesize valuable input to improve the project while also standing your ground on critical program aspects if challenged;
- Work within an agile organization and lead through influence, knowledge and dedication as opposed to direct authority;
- Ensure seamless integration and coordination with all other program streams such as manufacturing/supply chain, post-trial outcomes studies, alignment with customers and post approval strategy?
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and fluidity of circumstances that are inevitable in a fast moving development phase and recognize the need to remain in control while retaining flexibility?
- Proven record of developing the strategy and managing successful execution for the launch and delivery of a new product or service on a global scale.
- The ability to work in a small close knit team where you must “do as well as lead”. Preferably prior experience in a start-up, global consulting firm or small to mid-size pharmaceutical or biotechnology firm focused on product development.
- Demonstrated record of innovation and interaction with executive leadership and stake-holders to create, present, gain approval for and execute a complex strategy aimed at bringing a product to market.
- Prior knowledge and experience in or supporting as a Consultant, the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry would be beneficial.
- Business, Scientific or Life Sciences Bachelor’s Degree required.
- MBA or Masters highly desirable.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.