Information Assurance Analyst (Senior)
Secret Clearance Required (Top Secret Preferred)
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are searching for an experienced Senior Information Assurance Analyst for a newly re-awarded program for a DoD customer in Linthicum, MD.
- Work closely with the government Information Assurance Manager (IAM) in implementing DoD and Air Force Policy on the Agency’s networks.
- As a member of a team of IA professionals, you will be responsible providing policy analysis, information sharing requirements, Certification and Accreditation support for multiple classified and unclassified networks.
- Create and validate system security requirements, establish and implement security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures.
- Conduct technical risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems as well as assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the system life cycle.
- Monitor and maintain DoD networks in a SOC environment.
- Use industry standard tools to provide identify threats in log data, provide threat data and reports to the ISSM and ISSO.
- Relate risk up to the SISO and provide probability risk and remediations.
- Use knowledge of defense in depth and how it relates to DoD information systems.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have 10 years of professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree; or 18 years of professional experience without a degree
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber security, or related field is required.
- Must have an Secret Clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret
- Security+, CEH or equivalent DoD 8570 certification
- Experience with Department of Defense Test & Evaluation (T&E) practices for Cybersecurity to include validation of Security Control Requirements, STIG/SRG/Customer Centric requirements and document findings in a formalized reporting format
- Experience analyzing and defining security requirements
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent communication skills (written and verbal communications) and have the ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Experience monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management tools and reports
- Experience communicating security events identified as potential security issues to system administrators and following up to reach closure
- Experience escalating security incidents to leadership
- Experience maintaining auditable records of log monitoring activities and responding to audit requests
- Experience developing and enhancing processes to maintain efficiency
- Experience researching, developing and maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and network vulnerabilities and exploits
- Experience assisting with the development and implementation of security event monitoring on critical systems
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by related work experience
- Demonstrated experience with computer vulnerabilities and exploits
- Demonstrated experience analyzing security event log data (Windows, UNIX, Database)
- Demonstrated experience with networking, architectures and security elements to include firewalls, intrusion detection systems, routers and proxies
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively within a diverse team or independently
- Experience with security tools (ArcSight, Splunk)
- Familiarity with system log reviews
- Previous Computer Incident Response Team member
- Demonstrated Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience
- Experience with IA/Cybersecurity policy implementation
- Experience handling Federal C&A activities to include experience with eMASS (submission, validation and updates as needed)
- Experience performing computer systems security risk analysis and assessment
- Experience implementing and validating Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG) and Security Requirements Guidance (SRG) for applications, familiarity with DOD network architecture and network engineering practices, hardening Windows/LINUX operating system
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
If you would like to learn more about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @marylandjobs @topsecretjobs @secretjobs @MDjobs #cybersecurity #informationassurance #IAanalyst #CISSP #CISM #GSLC #CASP #CAP #RMF #CEH