- Job Title
- PCB Designer
- Job ID
- Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Other Location
Our customer is a leader in the design and manufacture of automated test equipment including custom functional test systems and in-circuit test fixtures. They build custom equipment for many local engineering organizations to aid successful product development efforts. This is a great new opportunity for a PCB Designer. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating printed circuit board (PCB) designs from Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings, as well as to performing data conversion which involves processing and converting a wide range of customer supplied electronic files including ECAD PCB design data. The output of the files is used for designing, manufacturing, and wire verification of PCB test fixtures. This is a direct hire position in the NW Twin Cities available immediately due to growth!
· Performs electrical design and drafting for a wide range of PCB’s
· Works with test fixture designers, PCB manufacturing vendors, and contract manufacturers to complete quick-turn prototype PCB assemblies.
· Review schematics, research electronic packaging and coverts drawings to Mentor Graphics PADS PCB designs.
· Produces PCB tooling for manufacturing using PCB design requirements and interpretation of AutoCAD drawings from fixture designers.
· Provides feedback to Design Engineers, Suggests options when faced with challenging PCB Designs
· Answers questions from the Purchasing, Sales, Engineering and Wire Departments about the use of designed PCB’s in test fixtures.
· Two-year degree in Electronics Technology (minimum) or a 4-year technical engineering degree (preferred).
· Experience in ECAD processing, test engineering, electronics manufacturing, AutoCAD, PCB’s or test fixtures preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to understand PCB electrical schematics.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
For immediate consideration, apply online or email Brad.Coleman@nerinc.com