The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Mission Systems Engineer / IA
- Job Title
- Mission Systems Engineer / IA
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22201
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Mission Systems Engineer / IA
REPORTS TO: Program Manager (onsite)
MicroTech is seeking a personable, highly motivated Microsoft Certified Systems Admin / Engineer with a wide breadth of IT knowledge and DoD specific work experience to provide technical and administrative support to oversee the security, maintenance, and stability of the client’s Mission Application server enclave and the associated the Windows Active Directory environment. The server environment is comprised of several IBM and Dell blade servers running ESXi VMware utilizing Enterprise managed storage. Candidate is expected to possess excellent social, interpersonal, written and verbal skills to effectively interact with the PM, fellow team members, and the client to proactively troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate server, application, security, and Active Directory related issues. The successful candidate must be a team-player, able to work with a diverse group of application developers and other technical/professional staff members in a dynamic environment; but who can also work independently with minimal supervision to meet client deadlines and expectations supporting independent production, staging, and test environments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the oversight and task management associated with the security, configuration, and sustainment of the client’s physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Ensure critical system information and mission data is backed up; regularly test and validate recovery capabilities to ensure disaster recovery is maintained
- Assist the PM with implementing Information Assurance (IA) requirements needed to ensure compliance with applicable DoD Cybersecurity requirements
- Ensure regular server maintenance to apply DISA's Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), IAVAs, SRRS, anti-virus updates, and other required security controls
- Knowledge of and experience using ACAS and HBSS compliance tools
- Assist with preparing for and successfully passing annual Enterprise Cybersecurity Assessment Visits (CAV) and the Command Cybersecurity Readiness Inspection program audits
- Assist with maintaining the agency’s Approval to Operate (ATO) based on Risk Management Framework (RMF) guidelines
- Mentor, train, and teach junior team members to help develop their skills and experience
- Provides the client with technical leadership for engineering type projects
- Coordinates and participates in the development and preparation of SOPs, user guides, reports, memoranda, and other proprietary correspondence
- Maintain an accurate network topology (physical and logical topology drawings) along with detailed equipment and software inventories
- Assist the PM with development of project plan schedules and tracking associated tasks as needed to remain on schedule
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders to set and maintain expectations
- Work closely with application development team to resolve issues related to locally developed mission essential applications
- Assist with evaluating new technologies and the developing recommendations for upgrading or replacing existing solutions to keep up with technology trends and industry best practices
- Serve as the client’s Trusted Agent (TA) to assist the agency with SIPR Token administration
- Assist with ad-hoc team member and user training in a classroom and/or one-on-one setting
- Occasionally provides support outside normal duty hours for mission critical applications either remotely or onsite as needed
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- DoD Secret Clearance Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other IT related major
- Solid background in IT systems management/administration/engineering
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent needed to meet DoD 8570 requirements
- Microsoft Certification: Server 2008 or higher OR VMware Certified VCP 5.5 or higher
- Knowledge of Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Knowledge of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (HBSS)
- Knowledge and experience working within a PKI based infrastructure (CAC utilization)
- Proficient with the full MS Office Suite of productivity tools
- Must have excellent problem solving and critical reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal communications, both oral and written research, and documentation skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience with SAN administration
- Experience with project management concepts
- Experience designing, integrating, and implementing new solutions
- Familiar with using both Windows and Mac desktops
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: