Property Manager-Treelake Complex, Facilities and Services
- Job Title
- Property Manager-Treelake Complex, Facilities and Services
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77303
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Founded in 1922 and located in Houston, TX, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. We have more than 63,000 girl members and 19,000 adult members serving 26 counties in Southeast Texas.
Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council (GSSJC or Girl Scouts) is an independent 501(c)(3) organization chartered by Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) to deliver the Girl Scout program. GSUSA is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.5 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience, and self-esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship, and power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with Girl Scouts – an organization with a solid history and a growing future – means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment. As we continue to guide our members to serve their community with a strong sense of leadership and dedication, we are seeking the following position to help achieve our mission.
Property Manager – Treelake Complex, Facilities and Services
Under general supervision, the Property Manager – Treelake Complex is responsible for the overall appearance and ongoing management of the Council’s camp property. Serve as an on-site, first-person resource to volunteers utilizing the site and maintain assigned campsite to meet American Camp Association (ACA) and federal, state and local standards. The Property Manager is a residential position that is expected to be “on-call” for emergency tasks during off-hours. This position requires flexibility to work overtime, extended days and/or weekends as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Implement preventative maintenance procedures as directed by the Senior Property Manager.
- Perform and/or assist in the performance of routine maintenance to facilities, grounds and equipment within the scope of one’s training and experience and in accordance with council standards and maintenance plans.
- Execute mechanical, electrical, plumbing and a variety of construction and maintenance projects within budget and established timeframes.
- Conduct regular inspections of facilities and notify Senior Property Manager of necessary repairs to Council assets in a timely manner.
- Prepare site for users, facilitate check-in and check-out procedures, and provide assistance to site users by responding to maintenance requests as appropriate.
- Explain procedures with regard to respective camp.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices surrounding the Property Manager’s residence and throughout the camp property.
- Maintain current records of property, facility and equipment maintenance and usage.
- Provides security presence for the property to ensure the safety of individuals on-site and protect the council’s property.
- Embrace and promote pluralism as an integral part of every activity and plan of Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council.
- Create a culture of Customer Service Excellence by treating each interaction as an opportunity to provide courteous, timely and quality service, and by exhibiting professional behavior becoming of the Girl Scout brand, Promise, and Law.
- Maintain Girl Scout uniform and GSUSA membership.
- Work collaboratively on council initiatives.
- Embrace a culture of philanthropy and make a personal gift to GSSJC and United Way.
- Participate in conferences and staff meetings.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with general maintenance, electrical work, carpentry, and plumbing.
- Familiar with a variety of ground equipment (ex. backhoe, tractor, mower, box blade, etc.).
- Working knowledge of bench tools (ex. drill press, saw, router, etc.), hand tools (power and manual) and various facility maintenance tools and equipment required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and basic knowledge of Lodgepole and other Council systems as well as printing and retrieving reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word preferred.
- Experience navigating Intranet and Internet is also required.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred.
- First Aid/AED/CPR certification and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification required.
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) license or previous MEP experience required.
Benefits: We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and extensive benefits package and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Pluralism Statement: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a pluralistic movement, committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. Each individual involved must uphold the tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.