Principal Maintainability Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm, has been retained under contract by a Federal Systems Integrator to recruit a Maintainability Engineer for a critical program in Sterling Heights, MI. The nature of the specific work is classified and it is a requirement that each individual on the assignment must be able to obtain a Federal Government Clearance, as a result only US Citizens with ability to obtain required clearance level can be considered at this time. This is a contract role and may lead to a direct hire with our client or an extension of up to 2 years.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops plans for managing projects which will define the maintainability engineering products and analyses needed for successful project or program completion.
- Understands all aspects of Maintainability Engineering activities in order to drive efficiencies into the reparability of the system and reduce the downtime.
- Recommends changes to designs based on the analysis performed where opportunities exist to improve the supportability and life cycle cost of the system.
- Prepares and presents project technical results, recommendations, and solutions to internal and external customers.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Involves planning and execution oversight of varied, complex tasks and multiple concurrent assignments; plans are typically integrated based upon the inputs of lower level product teams.
- May collaborate with program managers and customer program managers to establish scope and direction and/or resolve complex technically oriented program issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to lead and support Logistics Demonstrations.
- Ability to work with Design Engineering to address technical concerns related to Logistics and Maintainability.
- Ability to develop calculations for Maintenance Ratio, Mean Time To Repair, and Max Time To Repair
- Understands the development of and interpretation of Level of Repair Analysis.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com