Director of New Technologies
- Job Title
- Director of New Technologies
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006-6623
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC. is a topical drug and medical device manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skin care technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC.
Director, New Technologies (personal care/dermatology/cosmetics)
This position will be a key strategic role to bringing new products (personal care, OTC, and medical devices) to the marketplace. As a support to the corporate strategy, the Director of New Technologies will be responsible for the ideation and creation of processes that will identify and develop platforms and products for a corporate brand, private label and CDMO business needs. Within the R&D framework, this role will have at its disposal a lab and staff to direct and lead the aforementioned goals. Under the direction of the VP, Strategic Initiatives, the Director will develop processes and scientific platforms to build the Company’s Pipeline Strategy that delivers the Company’s strategy.
The Director of New Technologies has four primary responsibilities:
• Remain current on science, trends and differentiating innovations in the market. This includes, but is not limited to: formulation science, materials/ingredients/technologies, and cost.
• Assist R&D Leadership (of which he/she will be a part) to develop appropriate policies and procedures that will guide controlled and risk-mitigating activities across the R&D function in its support of corporate strategy, corporate brands, and CDMO customers.
• Ensure thorough and robust leadership over the Company’s NPD Committee to ensure targeted and differentiated recommendation for future product development.
• Teach and train a lab of R&D scientists to develop products and/or product lines on the basis of platform science for corporate-branded lines as well as for CDMO customers. The same (i.e., sharing and mentoring) will be expected with colleagues and upper management members of the department as well.
• With VP of Strategic Initiatives, distill the Pipeline and Innovation Strategies and operationalize.
• Maintain pace with and understanding of the innovative ingredients and technologies with which product development will be based.
• Given command of innovative ingredients and technologies in-market; trends of future market; and how they are ideally implemented in product development, the Director will be point of R&D expertise for all commercialized product inquiries made from the health care professional (triaged from the Consumer Call Center (CCC)).
• Manage and direct staff of R&D scientists to operationalize pipeline strategy in service to the corporate strategy. R&D Scientists will be made available for Director’s needs, though some may report in to Director, R&D.
• Oversee the cross-functional New Technologies Development Committee to conceptualize and prioritize differentiated products for development.
• The Director will be expected to formulate as well as professionally develop staff for inclusive and collaborative team dynamic.
• The Director will be a member of The R&D Leadership Team and will be expected to contribute to the success of R&D at large, including forging a strong partnership with Director, R&D.
• Formulation of a variety of personal care products, cosmetics, medical devices and drug (OTC and NDA, alike) products from concept to finished good.
• Determine, design, and perform experiments to evaluate new and/or alternate raw materials and packaging through bench trials.
• Oversee and implement processes to ensure good laboratory practice (GLP) including, but not limited to, the preparation of laboratory batches for stability sampling, stability testing, preservative efficacy testing, claim/clinical testing, mock-ups and sales evaluation.
• Develop specifications for new and/or reformulated products, ensuring product quality.
• Serve as New Technology Development representative on cross-functional teams.
• Working knowledge of FDA (and OUS counterparts’) regulations, cGLP, and cGMP.
• Produce formulas for corporate branded line as well as custom work for CDMO customer.
• Provide support and interaction on a regular basis to branded sales training, CDMO Sales, R&D, and Project Management.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Graduate/Terminal Degree in chemistry, engineering, or other technical subject; PhD with post-doc preferred
• 7 - 10 years of experience in personal care/dermatology/cosmetics industry with formulation and tech transfer experience
• Motivation for creating innovative products and professionally developing subordinates
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently and with broad management style to create an inclusive, innovative, communicative, and respectful culture with an appreciation for diversity.
• Strong organization, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Knowledge in organic and inorganic compounds for formulation purpose is a MUST
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.