Part-Time General Utility Assistant-Treelake Complex
- Job Title
- Part-Time General Utility Assistant-Treelake Complex
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX
- Other Location
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work. What type of organization would you choose?
For more than 100 years, Girl Scouts has helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in every area of life. From the youngest Girl Scout to our graduating high school seniors, we believe in the power of the girl to become a G.I.R.L (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, and Leader). Through our programming, girls are exposed to a vast array of educational topics such as the arts, entrepreneurship, the outdoors and STEM. In Girl Scouts, girls learn what it takes to be a leader. Through leadership opportunities, girls are inspired every day by role models while developing lifelong friendships and making the world a better place in the process.
Part-Time General Utility Assistant – Treelake Complex – Conroe, TX
Under general supervision, the Part-Time General Utility Assistant position serves as an assistant to the Property Manager to help maintain Council-owned facilities within the framework of Council policies, ACA standards, goals, objectives, and approved budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned:
- Responsible for maintaining the property grounds (i.e. mowing, weedeating, and trimming including high use areas).
- Performs light electrical, plumbing and carpentry as assigned.
- Assists with pool cleaning as assigned.
- Performs routine equipment repairs (i.e. tractors, mowers, trimmers, and other maintenance equipment).
- Performs light facility repairs and maintains expected level of communication with Property Manager / Sr. Property Manager on pending and necessary facility repairs.
- Assists with cutting timber on Council properties.
- Assists with tent and fly replacement on Council properties.
- Embrace and promote pluralism as an integral part of every activity and plan of Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council.
- Create a culture of Customer Service Excellence by treating each interaction as an opportunity to provide courteous, timely and quality service, and by exhibiting professional behavior becoming of the Girl Scout brand, Promise, and Law.
- Maintain Girl Scout uniform and GSUSA membership.
- Work collaboratively on council initiatives.
- Support a culture of philanthropy and consider a personal gift to GSSJC and United Way.
- Participate in conferences and staff meetings.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Education/Experience: High school diploma, or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with general maintenance, electrical work, carpentry, and plumbing. Familiar with a variety of ground equipment (ex. backhoe, tractor, mower, box blade, etc.). Working knowledge of bench tools (ex. drill press, saw, router, etc.), hand tools (power and manual) and various facility maintenance tools and equipment required.
- Computer Skills: Asureforce (time and attendance system), Microsoft Office Outlook (or similar email software)
- License/Certification: Valid Texas Driver's License required. Commercial Driver's License preferred.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions and occasionally works in high, precarious places or near moving mechanical parts or exposed to vibration, fumes, airborne particles or toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise levels are loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires regular talking, hearing, standing, walking, use of hands to finger, handle and feel and reaching with hands or arms in addition to frequent sitting, climbing and balancing. Occasional sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling occur while performing this position. This position frequently lifts up to 50 pounds, regularly up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. Heavy visual acuity is required to perform the duties of this position including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Pluralism Statement: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a pluralistic movement, committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. Each individual involved must uphold the tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls.
Questions about this opportunity or any of the other opportunities currently available through Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council?
Please direct questions about this position or any of the other positions available for Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council to Insperity Recruiting Specialist Laura Morgan at Laura.Morgan@insperity.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.