Sales Technology Training Specialist
- Job Title
- Sales Technology Training Specialist
- Job ID
- KINGWOOD, TX 77339-3802
- Other Location
What would you consider the job of your dreams?
One with a competitive salary? Excellent benefits? Room for growth? Job security?
How about the chance to work for an award-winning company while making a difference for hundreds of small businesses?
Insperity offers all of these, and we’re looking for talented people like you!
Insperity is a nationwide, financially sound company that is steadily growing. We just opened several positions due to this growth, including this one! If you haven’t heard of Insperity, please Google us! We handle all of the human resource functions, as well as various business services, for 100,000+ companies, and are constantly winning awards like “Best Company to Work For” across the nation!
Looking for some GREAT benefits? How does this sound? 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition reimbursement and 100% matched 401k. Sound good? Keep reading!
This position is responsible for the effective development and delivery of sales technology training curriculum and providing individual coaching to sales personnel as well as sales technology training support to sales management, field sales teams and offices.
• Ensures the maximum effectiveness of the sales force by delivering all levels of sales technology training curriculum, including but not limited to, in-depth knowledge of the Company’s mission and values, workforce optimization products and services, business performance solutions, sales philosophies, and sales operations policies and procedures.
• Develops training programs, including outlines, text, handouts, tests, and designs laboratory exercises.
• Aligns technology training activities with the Company’s goals and objectives to ensure achievement of revenue, growth, and sales efficiency targets.
• Provides direct support and motivation through the development and implementation of individual coaching plans, which may include telephone calls, attending sales calls and/or traveling to field sales offices to conduct training onsite.
• Provides training resources and assistance to sales management, field support personnel, and sales operations.
• Conducts training needs analysis through application of best practices, analyzing sales results and consulting with sales management.
• Monitors and reports on the effectiveness of training programs and knowledge transfer.
• Makes recommendations for improving sales efficiency and effectiveness through refinement of technology training programs, content and/or methods and the development and implementation of new approaches and techniques.
• Develops sales technology training programs to cover all technology tools used by district offices.
• Builds and maintains relationships with internal constituents including sales management, field sales personnel, sales administration and operations and other departments and stakeholders to form a seamless integration of service delivery.
• Maintains job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading trade publications, participating in relevant organizations and networking with training professionals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Training and Development or a related field or equivalent work experience is required.
• Five to eight years of experience in front-of-the-room training is required. Sales training experience is preferred.
• Strong and confident instructor-led training and presentation, group facilitation, coaching and performance management skills are required.
• Effective feedback skills and the ability to motivate performance to achieve desired results.
• Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively both orally and in writing and at a level necessary for satisfactory job performance. Able to present complex terms and information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles, processes, and methodologies including methods and techniques used in training assessment, design, development and measurement.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with conflicts and problems constructively. Ability to look at situations systematically, taking into consideration the larger context including competing pressures, resource constraints and anticipated change.
• Proficient in MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
Travels: Yes, up to 40% of time
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.