Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Job Title
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Job ID
- The Woodlands, TX 77384
- Other Location
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist is critical to the overall performance and efficiency of the imaging center. This position interacts with all of the various facets of the company, its patients, all Center team members and Physician Offices .
· Greet patients and families and escort the patient throughout the facility.
· Inject radiopharmaceuticals and scan patients with diagnostic imaging equipment.
· Verify completeness/integrity of scan order from physicians office at least 48 hours in advance.
· Process images and push to pacs.
· Compare scan order/scan/clinical for veracity, accuracy, and data thoroughness.
· Archive & verify to PACS & to DVD daily.
· Order radiopharmaceuticals and credit unused radiopharmaceuticals daily.
· Run QC scanning equipment; facilitate repairs if necessary.
· Perform QA on all equipment; maintain QA logs, patient logs, and equipment maintenance logs.
· Ensure scanning equipment is in good working order and facilitate repairs if necessary.
· Obtain working knowledge of PET/CT imaging; educate physicians on PET/CT.
· Develop marketing strategy with Clinical Educators
· Work with patients, physicians, nurses, clinicians, educators, and vendors.
· Develop / implement procedures that improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
· Correctly, legibly, and accurately scan data into document imaging software (RIS) – Charge Out Process
· Regular attendance and punctuality.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
· Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends,) as necessary.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nuclear Medicine.
- Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist certification (CNMT)
- Must possess either the ARRT (N) or the NMTCB certification.
- Current ACLS or BCLS certification
- CT experience
- Experience with GE PET/CT camera
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia