- Job Title
- Automation Developer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
As part of the Corporate Services team, you will support the Engagement Technology Services (ETS) business unit. The Automation Developer will work within an established automation framework to implement, support, and maintain IT focused process automation. Candidates under consideration will have a strong technical skillset balanced with a background in business process design.
The Automation Developer–is a full-time role with a preferred location in Southfield, MI but will consider Chicago, Dallas and New York. Paid relocation is not available for this position. This position may be contract-to-hire.
- Analyze and understand existing business processes.
- Identify and communicate technical requirements.
- Configure new automated processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well-structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Create and maintain solution documentation.
- Support existing processes and implement change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise in day-to-day running of automated processes and provide timely responses and solutions as required.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of real world programming or automation experience.
- Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding of core Microsoft technologies (.NET, SQL Server, Web Services, Powershell, etc.).
- Excellent written skills with the ability to clearly document and explain business processes and automated solution designs.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present technical details effectively and concisely.
- Ability to conceptualize automated solutions and understand the prescribed design architecture.
- An understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram, and to illustrate a written process description as a workflow diagram.
- An understanding of formal change control procedures and disciplines.
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field is preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.