- Job Title
- Data Engineer
- Job ID
- Chantilly, VA 22033
- Other Location
- Offsite Location
ESSENTIAL AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary.
- Functions as the advisor for the Government Technical Point of Contact (POC) and Program Office.
- Provides internal Program Office support with assessing and developing conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Advise the Government on issues regarding the full life cycle of data from design to production to maintenance.This includes: conversion, migration, translation, and data quality assurance.
- Participate in data migration planning and execution, to include divestiture of “data at rest: to NCL data stores.
- Support definition of data base performance and access SLAs with newly established external entities.
- Participate in technical reviews, program reviews, and milestone reviews.
- Review developer products and artifacts.
- Attend and participate in ERBs and ITPs.
- Provide management and technology assessments of contractor solutions and processes.
- Possess specialized experience in database development including metadata development.
- Possess specialized experience with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) Mission and acquisition process.
- Have knowledge of NGA legacy systems.
- Possess specialized experience with Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) data architecture and engineering.
- Possess specialized experience with NGA requirements and engineering process.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
- Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attend work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved travel or time off.
- Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required (see WORKING CONDITIONS below).
- Work flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Some Travel may be required
- Work is performed indoors with some potential risks to safety and health hazards related to electronics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems with 8 years' experience. :
Must have a TS/SCI CI Poly Security Clearance
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Must be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
An active security clearance is required to start.