Senior Acquisition Program Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Acquisition Program Analyst
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
- Offsite - SAFTAS II
Sr Acquisition Program Analyst
ESSENTIAL AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Work responsibilities may vary, depending upon assignment.
- Support SAF-AQQ with regards to C-17, LAIRCM, GATM.
- Support Headquarters Air Force (HAF) budget preparation and defense, SAE oversight and decision-making activities, PEO program execution and oversight efforts of aircraft platforms, and may be required to independently:
- Maintain and analyze planning, scheduling, and management data.
- Study, analyze, and provide recommendations on requirements, acquisition strategies, program documentation, program phase transition plans, supplemental information, and program execution.
- Provide honest broker assessments of programs approaching milestone decisions and of prime contractor technical and operational issues.
- Research and analyze program trends, identify issues, and recommend solutions.
- Make recommendations on the allocation of funding, establishment of program goals, objectives, and schedules, and the formulation of program direction.
- Track for compliance with stated program direction and identify issues.
- Identify and research programmatic issues and tradeoffs in terms of required capabilities, costs, and schedules.
- Review and provide recommendations on existing and proposed Air Force acquisition and capability area policies and implementation.
- Review and evaluate the impact of national, DOD, JCS, and civil government policies and activities that affect Air Force acquisition programs and capability areas.
- Maintain historical Air Force weapon program documentation and develop summary documents/briefings and training material.
- Provide short notice, quick-reaction analyses of critical programmatic issues in the context of Congressional, OSD Staff, Joint Staff, HQ USAF, Major Air Command (MAJCOM), North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), coalition, or bi-lateral activities.
- Prepare PPBE documentation to ensure they accurately articulate the current program.
- Support the HAF review process - Air Force Requirements Oversight Council (AFROCs), Joint Warfighting Capabilities Assessment (JWCAs), Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs), Congressional cycle, Acquisition Strategy Panels (ASPs), Air Force Review Board (AFRBs), Configuration Steering Board (CSB), Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports, etc.
- Perform the Secretariat function for ASPs, AFRBs, and CSBs.
- Review and document Mandatory Declassification Review (MDR) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Review capability area analysis and compare current and programmed capabilities/scenarios to determine and clarify Air Force weapon system acquisition requirements.
- Monitor on-going studies, analyses, and developmental work relevant to weapon systems.
- Support program-specific efforts like Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development, Capability Development Documents (CDD), Capability Production Documents (CPD), Information Exchange Requirements (IER), and requirements working groups.
- Work flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Work is performed indoors at SAFTAS II with some potential risks to safety and health
hazards related to electronics.
- Travel to CONUS locations may be required.
- 10 years of relevant acquisition or operational experience in government or industry is required.
- A relevant Master’s Degree and appropriate DAWIA II or III or equivalent certification is required.
- Specialized experience in cargo aircraft includes: C-5, C- 17, C-130J variants, C-130H, KC-10, KC-135, KC-46A, CV-22, HH-60G, Combat Rescue Helicopter (CRH), UH-1N Replacement, T-1, T-6, T-38, Advanced Pilot Trainer (APT or T-X), Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCM), Communications, Navigation, Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM), Combat Air Forces/Mobility Air Forces (CAF/MAF) Distributed Mission Operations (DMO), or the Air Force Academy Powered Flight and Glider programs.
- Some positions will require TS-SCI clearance.
- MUST be competent in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- MUST be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
An active clearance is required to start