- Job Title
- Logistics Specialist
- Job ID
- Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Other Location
Our client is a global leader in Optical and Optical Electronics specializing in Industrial Metrology, Microscopy, Medical Technology, Planetariums, Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology and Vision Care. We are seeking a Logistics Specialist to join the team. In this role you will have responsibility for the transportation support service process for all domestic shipments and order fulfillments. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, results oriented self-starter and requires a strong intermodal transportation and logistics operations background. This is a 6-12 month contract position starting, located in the Plymouth / Maple Grove, MN area.
- Responsible for the transportation support service process for all domestic shipments.
- Order fulfillment process: produce weekly shipment report, setup files, post jobs on TMS Logistics software tool, book freight with carriers, prepare bill of lading, label freight, transact in SAP, confirm delivery.
- Reverse Logistics – schedule the return of skids/bracing from the customer to offsite storage location.
- Superior customer service to include follow-up on all shipments with tracking status and PODs.
- Interface with customers for routed transactions to confirm equipment required and dock capabilities.
- Monitoring the transaction to ensure customer requirements are met; identification of service failures; coordination and implementation of corrective actions per company standards with manager and Logistics Team.
- Maintains a professional/ supportive attitude at all times with both internal and external customers also maintains proper confidentiality and security of restricted / regulated files
- Operating knowledge of laws, rules, regulations and / corporate CPOs that impact the successful fulfillment of customer orders including but not limited to: on time delivery, complete shipment orders with accessories and making sure the customer’s deadlines and expectations are met.
- Thorough knowledge of customer needs / requirements for drop shipments and shipping from offsite locations.
- Preferred, but not required: Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain
- Strong intermodal transportation and logistics operations background.
- Some experience in transportation/logistics.
- Ability to work with computer systems. SAP preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (intermediate Excel level).
For immediate consideration apply online or email email@example.com