- Job Title
- Mechanical Designer
- Job ID
- Burnsville, MN 55306
- Other Location
Mechanical Designer / Machine Designer
Our client is a premier contract manufacturing organization located in Burnsville, MN. They specialize in a variety of high technology products including medical device, aerospace, food processing, industrial and semiconductor to name a few. They offer high-quality manufacturing services including close tolerance/high-precision, diverse, made-to-order machining, full-service plastic fabrication of specialty machines, and electromechanical assembly. In this role, you will work with the engineering team in a Machine Designer capacity to develop preliminary sketches, layouts, parts, assemblies, and drawings using SolidWorks. This is s a contract to hire position located in Burnsville, MN.
- Develop preliminary sketches, layouts, parts, assemblies, and drawings of new machines including conveyor systems using SolidWorks.
- Maintain existing drawings and revisions.
- Create and maintain assembly Bill of Materials.
- Help gather necessary information to develop a final design.
- Reverse engineering of parts and assemblies.
- Create manuals and maintain parts book.
- Keep Engineering Manager informed of all pertinent information.
- May help design prototypes or modifications to existing product or equipment.
- Develop and maintain reports pertinent to the position.
- Help on shop floor from time to time.
- Minimum 2 year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years relevant experience including machine design experience and ideally conveyor design experience
- Mechanical design experience using SolidWorks CAD package
- AutoCAD experience nice to have
For immediate consideration, apply online or email Lisa.Lindemann@nerinc.com