The job you're applying for is no longer available; please search our other great opportunities by clicking 'ALL JOBS' above!
- Job Title
- Office Coordinator/Part-time
- Job ID
- Seattle, WA
- Other Location
Would you like to work for an Inc.'s 2017 Best Workplaces company?
Do you believe in doing the job right the first time?
If so, Simplexity Product Development is seeking an Office Coordinator!
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 70 employees. In 2017, Simplexity was selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine. The company has more than tripled in revenue in the past 5 years and is on a path of further growth.
We are flexible with the hours required for this position. It can range from 20 to 40 hours per week, depending on candidate availability and office needs. We expect that it can start as a part-time hourly position and transition to full-time over the next 6 months to a year.
In this position, you will work in our fast-growing Seattle office, which opened in June 2017 and has 10 employees. As the Office Coordinator, your role entails many duties and is a cross between an Administrative Assistant, Project Coordinator, Receptionist, and Office Manager. You will be the first person with whom clients and visitors interface, both in person and via phone, so having a courteous and professional demeanor is critical for success in the position. You must be detail-oriented and able to input and manipulate data in spreadsheets and the accounting system. Additionally, we will rely on you to work directly with the Managing Directors and interfacing with employees in the other offices.
- Performing administrative functions for the office, including answering phones, greeting visitors, and making sure that employees have what they need to get their jobs done (i.e. office supplies, engineering project materials, assist with IT troubleshooting)
- Receiving incoming deliveries, matching shipping documents to purchase orders, and logging transactions accordingly; transmit receiving data to Accounting department in San Diego
- Preparing packing slips, shipping documents, and boxing up materials
- Inputting data into project spreadsheets, checking to make sure there are no errors, and creating reports for project managers
- Placing orders to purchase materials
- Printing and scanning confidential documents, including new employee paperwork and client confidentiality agreements
- Orienting and training new employees on office procedures and ensuring work space has appropriate office equipment
- Occasionally scheduling travel
- Occasionally assisting with recruiting by scheduling interviews
- Checking mail box daily and distributing mail
- Data entry and maintaining accurate vendor and client lists in database and QuickBooks
- Maintaining the condition of the office to provide a professional, clean, and inviting area
- Serving as the office social coordinator by planning company social functions like holiday parties, lunch for company meetings, breakfasts, and happy hours
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ administrative experience in an office setting
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience using accounting software
- Preference for someone with experience using QuickBooks (preferably Premier or Enterprise Solutions) and Atlassian cloud-based tools (Confluence, JIRA)
- Highly professional in dealing with confidential matters
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including correct spelling and grammar
- Exceptionally high attention to detail, organization, and accuracy
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven track record of being able to take direction at a high level and to prioritize and plan effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, strong collaboration skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Excellent people and customer service skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.