COBOL DB2 Developer
- Job Title
- COBOL DB2 Developer
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Malvern, PA
- Other Location
Q1 Technologies, Inc. is looking to hire a COBOL DB2 Developer to join our rapidly growing information technology company.
At Q1 Technology Inc., our business is to assist our client in utilizing information technology to gain a competitive advantage. From system integration to contingent workforce solutions, we have enabled our client to exceed their business objectives.
Job Title: COBOL DB2 Developer
Contract Type: W2 Employee | 1099 Contractor | Corp 2 Corp
Work Location: Malvern,PA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of data services for Web-based systems. Integrates third party products as needed.
- Thoroughly understands and applies Vanguard’s IT Navigator development methodology. Thoroughly understands and applies Vanguard’s Architecture standards, including all Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies all deliverables meet Methodology and Information Security requirements.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects (for internal or external clients). Develops code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain
- Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports
- Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support when needed. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition, e.g. prototyping, and logical and physical design. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation and analysis.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables, e.g., systems testers, test plans. On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied. Assists in integration, systems, acceptance, and other related testing as needed.
- Develops understanding of client business functions and technology needs. Develops understanding of Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
- Complies with Retail Systems policies and procedures including attendance and weekly time and status reporting.
- Understands and adheres to Vanguard’s Diversity mission and policies
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated track record of strong database analysis, data access design and implementation capabilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in COBOL and DB2, including: - Structured Query language (SQL) - Embedded SQL - Stored Procedure development - DB2 Batch Programming (Large/Small)
- Proficiency with EasyTrieve
- Intermediate to advanced understanding and knowledge of DB2 relational database and its constructs including creating and using a Physical Model Working knowledge of DB2 associated tools: - BMC - Omegamon
- Performance tuning
- Knowledge and experience with MQ Series
Other Competencies: :
- Five years developer or systems analyst experience
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong mainframe/host development skills
- Required Skills
Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of data services for Web-based systems. Integrates third party products as needed.