- Job Title
- Automation Engineer
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Malvern,, PA
- Other Location
Q1 Technologies, Inc. is looking to hire a Automation Engineer to join our rapidly growing information technology company.
At Q1 Technology Inc., our business is to assist our client in utilizing information technology to gain a competitive advantage. From system integration to contingent workforce solutions, we have enabled our client to exceed their business objectives.
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Contract Type: W2 Employee | 1099 Contractor | Corp 2 Corp
Work Location: Malvern, PA
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides senior level of expertise. Leads the team in development of the test automation strategy, leads the team in collaboration on test design, creation and code reviews to ensure software quality is owned by the entire team. Actively participates in team Collaboration sessions and influences the team to test as the lowest possible level in the “test pyramid”.
- Designs and develops the automated tests to support “test pyramid” with a focus on integration and End to End portion/regression portion of the “test pyramid”.
- Provides significant support and oversight to creation and maintainance of set of automated test (using JUnit, Selenium, Cucumer, Jasmine, Protractor, appium, etc.).
- Updates and maintains existing product level automated tests; Optimizes and automates the End to End Gold regression suite for the product.
- Responsible for End to End in-sprint regression, coordinate and conduct the analysis of test results; identify and report all testing related issues and risks.
- Creates SQL queries to validate data, as well as test application changes. Creates reports, manipulates data sets, and writes intelligent queries to monitor and control data. Effectively collaborate across teams to support mocked/stubbed test data.
- Ensures defect fixing process results in increased automation coverage for the team.
- Embraces pair programming with developers for code reviews on automated tests and to provide secondary support for Unit testing.
- Works with and adapt testing in our Continuous Integration environment to ensure a smooth and high quality release cycle in a fast paced Agile environment.
- Develops tool(s) and technique(s) proficiency used to automate tests (e. g – ATDD/BDD, TDD, Cucumber, Selenium, LeanFT, etc.).
- Adheres to best practices for automation and orchestrates code review for test automation code, actively participates in others’ code reviews. Trains and mentors staff with less experience in test automation. Provides realistic estimates. Research, share and recommend new technologies and trends. Participates and leads in initiatives to deepen Shift Left maturity across their division.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of relevant experience automating tests or developing business features/capabilities.
- 5 years knowledge of, web application infrastructure (e.g., application servers, messaging, databases), the client area's business functions and systems, QA test methodologies required to satisfy integration, functional and regression testing, and software testing tools.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented concepts and application of such.
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Lean software development principals and the application of such.
- Requires strong communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving abilities, strong judgment skills, the ability to work effectively with development management and staff, and the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Working knowledge with several testing and collaboration tools or equivalent; Jira, Cucumber, Selenium, Appium, LeanFT, Protractor.
- The candidate must have working knowledge of the programming language Java and the testing and collaboration tool Cucumber.
- Proficient with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Required Skills
Provides senior level of expertise. Leads the team in development of the test automation strategy, leads the team in collaboration on test design, creation and code reviews to ensure software quality is owned by the entire team. Actively participates in team Collaboration sessions and influences the team to test as the lowest possible level in the “test pyramid”.