- Job Title
- Cognos Developer
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Malvern, PA
- Other Location
Q1 Technologies, Inc. is looking to hire a Cognos Developer to join our rapidly growing information technology company.
At Q1 Technology Inc., our business is to assist our client in utilizing information technology to gain a competitive advantage. From system integration to contingent workforce solutions, we have enabled our client to exceed their business objectives.
Job Title: Cognos Developer
Contract Type: W2 Employee | 1099 Contractor | Corp 2 Corp
Work Location: Malvern, PA
- Experience with Cognos 10
- Good understanding of Cognos Admin, and other tools in the Cognos suite.
- General Data Warehouse / Business Intelligent knowledge, including Dimensional Data Modeling, star and snowflake schema design, OLAP, dashboards, and KPI’s preferably in Cognos environment.
- Attention to and appreciation for detail with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality outcomes within short timeframes
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal communication - works well in a team environment and interface with numerous stakeholders.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and accurately document procedures.
- Knowledge of the distribution or manufacturing industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong background in Cognos Framework Manager data modeling, and the development of packages accessing various data sources including SQL Server
- Experience in Cognos Transformer and Report Studio
- 2-3 years’ overall experience in a Cognos environment
- 2-3 years’ overall experience in Microsoft Business Intelligence tools and SQL Server
- 3-5 years’ experience in related areas.
- Provide general support for IBM Cognos with a focus on the development and support of metadata data models and packages within Framework Manager.
- Create query subjects, query items and joins as defined per business requirements by utilizing semantic view layers
- Optimize model performance by defining and tuning query subject relationships
- Understand, implement, and continuously improve Cognos development processes and standards
- Assist in the design, development, implementation, and support Cognos reports and analysis tools, user security and governance, and Microsoft Business Intelligence reports.
- Required Skills
Experience with Cognos 10