- Job Title
- Payroll Bookkeeper
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32804
- Other Location
The primary responsibilities and duties of the Payroll Bookkeeper (PRBK) include, but are not limited to, processing expense reports, salary slips, approving Payment Authorization Vouchers, making Time and Attendance adjustments and processing of garnishments, levies and child support. The PRBK also is responsible for the balancing of the travel advance and payroll advance accounts to the General Ledger, training sessions and in-services as needed. The PRBK actively participates in outstanding customer service (through telephone calls and walk-ins) and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Able to work with basic accounting procedures.
Ability to work with people from all departments within the Hospital.
Working knowledge of personal computer applications and spreadsheet analysis.
Ability to communicate well orally and in writing, and proven analytical and organizational abilities.
Detail-oriented, with ability to meet deadlines and accurately enter data.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of one year experience as a bookkeeper or in a clerical role, OR
Six months previous experience working in a payroll function
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
High school diploma
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates Hospital core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
2. Responds promptly to telephones and assistance to walk-in employees; reissue of W-2s, pay statements, term checks, direct deposit returns, outdated and stop pay checks.
3. Posts data accurately, which includes time and attendance, on call hours, previous pay adjustments, PDO requests, earnings and deductions spreadsheets, and salary slips.
4. Processes expense reports accurately by verifying name, employee ID, department number, proper signatures, and ensures the compliance of policies
5. Processes government and court items, which include court order garnishments, wage verifications, subpoenas, and taxes.
6. Balances reports, which include hours, earnings, deductions, payroll reports, and spreadsheets.
7. Processes, approves, and reconciles specific accounts payable items, such as payroll advances, travel advances, and PAV batches.
8. Trains and performs in-services to Hospital employees of various payroll functions, including time and attendance, cash pay, payroll online department input, and expense reports.
9. Completes all duties to meet specific deadlines accurately and efficiently.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the Department.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.