Technical Sales Manager
- Job Title
- Technical Sales Manager
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75201
- Other Location
Our client develops video and radar based image processing technology for above ground detection and information management within the Intelligent Transportation sector. This machine vision technology incorporates video cameras and computers in real-time traffic applications to offer innovative solutions to our congested city infrastructure. They push the limits of technology to provide powerful solutions to traffic and environmental management providing data management applications. We are currently seeking a Sales Manager to partner with distributors in the Western US. This is a direct hire position and the person in this role will home office in ideally CA or TX.
- Work directly with Sales Engineering and help direct their activities when needed.
- Work with customers both onsite and remotely delivering sales presentations, bidding projects and ensuring successful product deployment
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with customers to ensure successful and profitable projects
- Identify and pursue opportunities/ targets directly to meet and exceed sales targets
- Responsible for ensuring that distributors are successful by aiding their training, development and performance
- Report details of current progress monthly to include: Sales objectives, planned tactical developments, plus any known or foreseen problems
- Develop a strong understanding of customer and market requirements
- Builds and maintains relationships within the accounts and proactively source sales leads and opportunities to ensure revenue opportunities are maximized
- Provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with sales goals
- 10+ Years of successful Sales and Technical experience in a related field
- Demonstrated successful track record in sales performance and achievement of sales quotas and territory growth.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and ability to work independently in a physical and/or virtual team setting;
- Able to travel at least 30% of the time.
- Experience within the Intelligent Transportation Systems business (ITS) and government selling
- History of successful management of regional distributors of traffic/transportation products.
- College degree, Technical degree or technical training certifications
- Experience using Salesforce.com, or similar CRM
- Training in consultative selling
This is not a position for which visa sponsorship is available either now or in the future.
For immediate consideration, apply online.