- Job Title
- Lab Technician
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Position: Lab Technician
Position Summary: Performs complex molecular-based procedures on clinical samples. Analyzes clinical results and provides diagnoses. Performs clinical tasks associated with clinical cases.
- Performs complex molecular-based procedures on clinical samples with a high degree of quality and in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Analyzes clinical results and provides diagnoses
- Communicates and collaborates with other professionals within the company and clients, as needed
- Properly uses and maintains laboratory equipment
- Performs clerical tasks associated with clinical cases, including but not limited to: maintenance of specimen and case logs, preparation/documentation of assay worksheets, preparation of analysis sheets and clinical reports
- Receives and verifies clinical samples
- Witnesses hands-on clinical procedures
- Participates in lab maintenance (i.e. cleaning, annual/bi-annual/monthly maintenance of equipment, unpack supplies, etc.)
- Complies with Safety Standards and Good Lab Practices
- Performs additional duties or assignments as directed by management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Biology or other related science
- 1 year of experience in a molecular genetics, clinical genetics or cytogenetics laboratory. Experience with sterile lab techniques and laboratory methods/techniques associated with molecular biology (e.g. PCR, qPCR, Next-generation sequencing, Illumina SNP arrays, DNA extractions, Capillary electrophoresis: Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis, Integrated laboratory information management systems)
- Experience working in a clinical environment is a plus
- Passing of background check which may include verification of prior employment, criminal conviction history, educational and driving records.