VP of Technology and Network Solutions
- Job Title
- VP of Technology and Network Solutions
- Job ID
- Vienna, VA 22182
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Vice President, Technology and Network Solutions
LOCATION: HQ – Tysons Corner, VA
REPORTS TO: CEO
The VP, Technology and Network Solutions (TNS) manages a business unit comprised of multiple IT services related projects and programs and is responsible for customer satisfaction and the successful delivery of services to the MicroTech client community through effective leadership, coordination, and administration of both project & program managers (PM) and client facing employees on a daily basis.
The VP, TNS reports to both government and MicroTech Leadership on the status of contracts and the services delivery model. Maintains responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of all services outlined in the Contract/SOW/PWS/TO as well as the overall success of the projects and programs under their purview to include the tracking and management of gross margin and increased revenue attainment (organic growth).
Confirms that all deliverables and services meet/exceed customer expectations, are delivered to the client on time and within budget and meet MicroTech’s ISO based standards for quality and accuracy. Ensures conformance to corporate and government policies and provides recommendations for solutions to problems, customer disputes and vendor issues as they arise. To achieve maximum success, the VP will be expected to occasionally travel to client sites to hold in-person meetings with both clients and staff.
Provides administrative and documentation support; including development and tracking of project/program financials (including P&L), along with submission of monthly progress reports to the client and corporate management; detailing project tasks, major accomplishments, risks, issues and concerns, quality assurance, configuration management, security management, along with burn rates for all projects.
Responsible for building and expanding the TNS Programs business unit. Services provided by this business unit encompass a wide range of information technology and other services, including, but not limited to, portfolio management, strategic initiatives, resourcing and funding coordination, web support, IT service desk/customer service, IT operations, network administration, Information Assurance (IA) and Cyber Security operations. This includes the recruitment, staffing, and retention of personnel that possess the requisite skills, qualifications, and expertise to perform contractual and mandated work, as well as administration of quality assurance and customer satisfaction initiatives.
The successful candidate will need strong IT experience, a breadth of IT knowledge, and sound management practices to effectively plan, coordinate, and accomplish expected goals. Will be required to provide proposal writing support and subject matter expertise to help win new business; writes, edits and packages a variety of technical documents, including proposals, RFIs, articles, brochures, reports and manuals.
Other related duties include:
- Keeping MicroTech senior leadership informed.
- Overseeing TNS BD and Capture activities in pursuit of new opportunities; TNS pipeline administration.
- Active participation with writing support for proposal development along with color team reviews of proposals prior to submission.
- Delivering effective staff management, including monitoring of contractors’ and/or subcontractors’ schedules, timesheets, certifications, and attendance.
- Providing technical and/or operational oversight of all program services and functions.
- Offering vision and guidance to the programs for current and future services development.
- Developing, implementing and refining service delivery model as needed in response to internal and external requirements.
- Maintaining a skilled, certified, motivated, and dedicated workforce the meets or exceeds contract requirements.
- Ensuring subordinate staff members know and follow MicroTech policies and procedures.
- Leading by example; demonstrating a cooperative team player attitude; always placing the best interest of the company at the forefront of all decisions.
- Maintain, through self-motivation and personal development, the discipline and focus to build a leading-edge level of functional/technical skills, interpersonal skills, along with problem solving and decision-making skills.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate Degree or higher in Business Administration, Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other Information Technology related discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant Project/Program/Portfolio Management experience; specifically supporting DoD and/or Federal government customers.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Able to obtain/maintain a Security clearance - Secret or higher level.
- PMP Certification.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining ISO/IEC Standards; specifically, 20000-1 Information technology- Service Management, 27001 Information Security management, 9001 Quality management.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI); specifically, CMMI-SVC and CMMI-DEV.
- Must have intermediate to expert level experience using the MS Office suite of applications including MS Project.
- Must be able to work within a dynamic work environment; with an ability to prioritize on the fly and multitask.
- Must have the ability to self-organize and coordinate resources as needed to complete complex projects.
- Shall possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Shall be able to lift objects weighing approximately 50lbs.
- Familiar with ITIL methodology – ITIL certification is a plus.
- Professional certifications in IT, Cloud Telecom, Cyber, etc. are a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: