Sr. Systems/Network Administrator -100% Remote (Linux/MS, Bash Shell & PowerShell Scripting, Apache) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Systems/Network Administrator -100% Remote (Linux/MS, Bash Shell & PowerShell Scripting, Apache) - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Systems/Network Administrator -100% Remote (Linux/MS, Bash Shell & PowerShell Scripting, Apache)
Locations: Frisco, TX or 100% Remote
Target Conversion Salary: $100-$125K
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Responsible for efficient provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of server hardware and software and related infrastructure.
Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensures that all systems, applications, and relevant procedures adhere to organizational guidelines.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in systems/network administration
- Minimum of 6 years working with Linux and Microsoft
- Minimum of 6 years of experience using bash Shell Scripting
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with Apache
- Minimum of 3 years working with PowerShell Scripting
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision to execute the required activities to ensure business requirements are met
- Works with Senior Manager IT Operations, and other subject matter experts to define project and operational needs and prioritize accordingly
- Supporting staff in any new IT services introduced by the Release Automation Team application lifecycle (Development, Quality Assurance (QA,) User Acceptance Testing (UAT,) BETA, and Production)
- May supervise professional staff in the form of vendor/partners and contractors
- Ensure Change management procedures are followed to minimize risk and maximize systems uptime and performance
- Ensure formal SLA's that meet business requirements are adhere
- Ensure incident response and management protocols and process are efficiently and consistently followed
- Evaluate new industry hardware and software to stay current on emerging technologies, market trends, and future expectations.
- Designs and architects IT infrastructure solutions.
- Designs networks, such as LAN, WAN, Internet and/or data networks.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting of customer and internally-reported system problems.
- Writes environment security policies.
- Writes system procedure, policies and guidelines.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Manages and performs essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Manages and performs periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- May assist support groups with applications installed on various servers.
- Evaluates and recommends technology solutions for potential purchase to effect enhancements and efficiencies.
- Performs limited staff supervision of technical objectives.
- Assists less experienced peers.