Software Asset Manager
- Job Title
- Software Asset Manager
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Software Asset Manager
- BS and 8+ years or equivalent Previous Software experience
- Track, evaluate and manage a wide variety of software licenses and usage, including but not limited to server, device, telephony, storage, middleware, database, business, desktop, and reporting type software.
- Handle multiple license types, software suites, entitlements, upgrade and downgrade of licenses, management of unallocated software licenses, and software counts for reconciliations and software discovery models for normalization.
- Compliance checking to reconcile license usage to plan for renewals.
Please note: This position is not for software sales, software re-sellers, or client purchase tracking and renewals.
Key areas of expertise include:
- 8+ years of experience with software entitlements including: Tracking purchase records, Determining license compliance, Participation in Request for quotes and contract renewals, Supplier management for purchase history, entitlement, license usage determination and service level management.
- Provisioning approvals Business organization and user entitlement management.
- Understanding of upgrade and downgrade entitlements.
- 8+ years of experience with software installation usage including: Installation scanning experience (SCCM/Discovery).
- Working with technical teams to establish license implementation and deployment models.
- Active participation in annual internal license compliance audits and external vendor software audits.
- Understanding of suite components and installation/usage compliance.
- 8+ years of experience with software compliance including: Inventory management, Version tracking, Electronic distribution, Usage monitoring, Retirements IT standards and Harvesting software
- Additional knowledge and skills: ITIL ITAM knowledge preferred.
- Analytical thinking and team oriented.
- Understanding of Software contractual agreements and compliancy.
- Excellent analytical skills Research (data mining) and analysis skills.
- Experience reconciling data on large spreadsheets.
- Expert in Excel and access.
- Excel (pivot tables and vlookup) is a must have.
- Experience with SCCM or similar scan data.
- Detail Oriented Ability to manage projects for effective customer system support.
- Good Communication skills (verbal and written)