Technical Support - End User Services Specialist - Contract
- Job Title
- Technical Support - End User Services Specialist - Contract
- Job ID
- Livonia, MI 48150
- Other Location
Title: Technical Support - End User Services Specialist
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The End User Services Specialist’s role is to deliver support to IT operational processes, communications, reporting, analytics and projects. The role requires work in and with the business to drive End User process and service delivery improvements.
Non Negotiable Traits:
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the five Non-Negotiable Traits expected of all employees: Be passionate; have absolute integrity, be self-motivated and determined, be a team player and behave as a professional.
Strategy & Planning
- Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends; recommend solutions and resources
- Coordinate and maintain ongoing hardware lifecycle replacement schedule
- Develop and maintain end user documentation in support of ongoing IT projects
- Develop and maintain end user facing documentation for IT core products and services
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Coordinate and interact with other Information Technology (IT) teams as a liaison between IT and end users, to communicate end user needs and ensure effective solutions are implemented and maintained
Acquisition & Deployment
- Manage ongoing hardware and software inventory, procurement and track assets / configurations
- Manage cellular, conferencing and other subscription accounts including ongoing procurement
- Manage asset lifecycle including; scheduling, vendor management, decommissioning
- Develop, analyze and publish periodic incident, change, service and problem management ticket reports
- Develop, analyze and publish periodic operational reports such as security compliance, asset utilization and service levels
- Maintain IT standards hardware/software product list
- Maintain IT Infrastructure project and task list
- Develop and publish unplanned IT service outage communications
- Develop and maintain schedule for IT hardware and software maintenance/support renewals
- Prioritize and appropriately escalates issues to assure timely problem resolution
- Develop and maintain process for software license management and compliance
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 5 years related work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- A wide variety of technologies to effectively support end-user technical needs including computing devices, operating systems, network technologies, printers and peripherals, and a variety of software applications (desktop, client-server, browser based, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Microsoft Project a plus.
- Experience with desktop applications, desktop operating systems and server operating systems; including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Terminal Services (RDP)
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage service trends into actionable plans
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Proven ability to prepare project templates for requirements gathering.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.