Cloud Automation Engineer
- Job Title
- Cloud Automation Engineer
- Job ID
- Charlotte , NC
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Cloud Automation Engineer
- Provides technical expertise in the development and implementation of technology solutions including; platforms, operating systems, and infrastructure tools across the enterprise.
- Develops and implements standards in order to provide an enterprise level of support.
- Serves as a technical expert to junior level engineers.
- Partners with infrastructure teams to provide the business with the best possible solutions. Keeps up to date on technology trends.
- The Cloud Automation Engineer is responsible engineering private cloud platforms -- focused around configuration management, platform automation, and container solutions
- Implements infrastructure technology requested by business units.
- Engineers technology solutions supporting the infrastructure environments.
- Documents and publish standards for infrastructure technology. Prioritizes, defines, assigns, validates, and closes routine system requests.
- Reviews metrics for quality control.
- Provides technical expertise and advice to programmers and other departments.
- Provides setup and support for Disaster Recovery environment.
- Creates and manages Automated Infrastructure solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related science or relevant experience.
- 10+ Years Red Hat Linux, Windows, Networking, and/ or Storage expert.
- 5+ Years working with financial firms.
- Very strong experience in general PaaS architecture, delivery, and operations. Docker/Swarm Container platforms Strong DevOps/ CI/CD process architecture/engineering, Jenkins, GIT, Source Code tools.
- RedHat OpenShift and associated technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, HA Proxy, EFK stack, etc). (This is a key skill set for this position).
- RedHat Cloudforms experience, especially integration with OpenShift clusters and Amazon AWS Cloud products.
- * Strong familiarity with Puppet/Ansible, Python, Shell Scripting, Perl, NFS/SAN, DNS. Proficient operating in a VMware based infrastructure.
- Engineering and architecting enterprise grade solutions for hardware and Software issues.
- Oracle, MYSQL, Java, Tomcat, Weblogic, NodeJS, Apache, NGinX F5 LTM/GTM familiarity as well as general application delivery and routing concepts.
- Splunk experience 7+ years working experience with a broad range of technical solution around technology architectures, solution design, and cloud implementations.
- Must be proficient with engineering solutions focused on PaaS offerings including RedHat OpenShift or Docker.