Sales Strategy & Planning Manager
- Job Title
- Sales Strategy & Planning Manager
- Job ID
Sales Planning Manager
We are working with a strong organic food manufacturer in New England that is looking for a Sales Strategy & Planning Manager. This role will monitor the planning, execution & performance. In addition will also look at customers, market trends, product portfolio and incorporate them into an effective business plan.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Continuously improve the field planning process. Coordinate/assist the field in creating bottom up sales plans and monitor the performance of the plan. When putting plan together consider customers, geographic locations, trends, & product portfolio.
- Consistently monitors sales & business performance for all customers in assigned division. Coordinate with field to track plan and provide insights that drive decision making.
- Shape & deliver scorecard to external & internal stakeholder – this will show region performance, insights & trends
- Lead channel, category & customer performance analysis for the assigned channel. Work cross functionally to build strategies.
- Be the business & customer performance expert. Assist senior management for info & presentation support to drive sales.
- Give inputs to demand planning team to improve forecast accuracy
- Give inputs to shopper strategy & brand team to improve new item launch & pricing strategy
- Coordinate with shopper strategy & brand team to guarantee alignment between promotional & shopper strategy, delivering profitable plans
- Analyze retail audit information and identify key opportunities for various channels, key accounts, region, brand
- Define areas for improvement with channel strategy
- Suggest and study sales incentives that will work best & motivate broker teams against company priorities & KPIs
- Give insight into the budget setting process & take accountability for working within budget
- Monitor & understand trade dynamics evolution, & communicate trade changes that would affect how the company route to market strategy
- Coordinate with Category Management Team to analyze competitive strategies by analyzing product, solution, customer, channel and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required or MBA preferred
- 2+ years of analyst experience – this will preferably be in sales OR marketing OR finance role in the CPG industry.
- MUST BE Advanced in Excel, Macros, Pivots, Word, PowerPoint
- Exhibits strong analytical skills
- Passionate about Business analysis & developing plans & tools that assist the Senior Management Team in decision making
- Ability to travel 20-40%
- Strong planning & organization skills
- Comfortable with large amounts of data